Posted on: January 15, 2020
OverviewJob Title: Tax Accountant--Who We Are: USCS is driven to
advance, innovate and serve companies seeking the best service,
facilities, and logistics in the cold chain. We are employee
focused, an equal employment opportunity employer and would love to
have you join our team. --The Job Details: The Tax Accountant will
report directly to the Tax & Financial Reporting Manager and will
be responsible for all duties related to the preparation and filing
of U.S. federal compliance and monthly reporting, assist in tax
research projects, coordinate responses to notices from tax
authorities, support department with developing and implementing
process improvements, prepare other duties as assigned by manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: --
- Assist in the tax accounting function including monthly close
- Prepare accurate and timely federal and state income tax
returns, estimates, and supporting tax workpapers
- Assist with ASC 740 / FAS 109 reporting and analysis
- Correspond with taxing authorities to resolve tax notices
- Research federal, state, and local laws & regulations and
proactively monitor legislative changes
- File state annual reports as well as monthly state sales & use
- Prepare county property tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated
financial statements--The Job Specifics:
- Location, Department and Work Hours: Camden, NJ, Accounting
- Reports To: Tax & Financial Reporting Manager
- Travel Amount: May vary
- Job Type, EEO, and Job Code: Full-Time, Exempt JOB CODE--What
We Are Looking For:Education
- 4-year College degree required; preferred in Accounting
- CPA preferred Experience
- Strong oral, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be detailed
- Ability to pursue complex projects to a final resolution
- Ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives
with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of OneSource compliance software is a plus
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft
Excel--Other Abilities You Will Need to Have: The physical demands
described below are representative of those required of an
individual performing the essential duties of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Good arithmetic, reading, and typing skills
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Be able to see, speak and hear
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- May require physical effort associated with using the computer
to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting
needed to carry out everyday activities.
- Understand and follow verbal instruction, written instruction
and company policies.
- A starter that can work independently and coordinate with
- Follow safety procedures at all times.
- Ability to manage stress and productivity guidelinesThe
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any
non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.----Whats In It
For You: A great company with great people. Full-time employees not
under contract are offered: 401K and Educational Assistance after 1
year; If elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield after 30 days of service;
Company Life Insurance; and a bunch of other great perks. --Things
We Need To Mention:
- The above job description may not include all tasks necessary
to complete the job.
- Job functions may vary based on area of operation. The job
description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate
will be required to perform in that job area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential duties. --
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Camden , Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!