Special Education Teacher for 23-24 SY
Company: Green Tree School
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing
company with excellent benefits, such as tuition reimbursement,
generous paid time off, and so much more? Green Tree School &
Services in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a qualified Special
Education Teacher to teach and mentor students. As a Special
Education Teacher, you will play an integral role in the success of
our students while overseeing the classroom team and dynamics. This
is a full-time, ten-month position to provide general classroom
instruction for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, serious
Emotional Disturbance or Development Delays. $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Effectively and proactively Supervise class structure and
- Maintain ongoing supervision and evaluation of all students,
providing timely and constructive feedback to collaborating
personnel and to participate in follow-up planning.
- Maintain documentation and vigilance of student goals and
objectives, monitoring progress and reporting successes.
- Monitor and support implementation of prescribed behavior
- Effectively Supervise bus transitions, meals, recess, and other
non- academic responsibilities.
- Participate actively in staff discussions and collaborate
through communication in established team meetings.
- Implement and evaluate success of prescribed curriculum and
quality instructional techniques.
- Maintain focus on "best practices", continuously seeking new
ideas and techniques to ensure student progress.
- Participate in planning and implementation of quality
- Promote social responsibility and leadership of support staff
- Promote social responsibility and conflict mediation.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Display students work and stimulate student interest via
bulletin boards and room displays.
- Maintain various classroom arrangement conducive to diverse
- Ability to apply a variety of techniques and approaches to meet
the range of student levels and skills.
- Ability to individualize instruction according to cognitive and
academic styles of learners.
- Engage students in stimulating, multi-modality learning
experience consistent with prescribed curriculum.
- Use appropriate and timely verbal de-escalation techniques
- Collaborate in safe physical intervention as necessary.
- Encourage students to embrace, multicultural opportunities and
experiences. BENEFITS Eligible Green Tree School & Services
Employees will receive competitive pay and benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company-Paid Short and Long-Term Disability and Life
- Voluntary Life, Hospital, and Accident Coverage
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
items Green Tree School & Services is a non-profit state-licensed
agency that provides education, therapeutic and clinical support to
children with autism disorder and severe emotional disabilities. At
Green Tree School & Services, all students are instructed based on
their IEP goals and the appropriate state standards as defined but
the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Green Tree School &
Services is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and
embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to
providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the
students we serve. For more information about Green Tree School &
Services careers and benefits, please visit our website To view all
our open opportunities, please visit our career site at . If you
are a current New Story employee, please apply through the UKG
system. Click here , log in, and navigate to "Open Opportunities"
to search and apply for current open opportunities. Experience
- 1 year(s): Teaching Education Required
- Bachelors or better in Education Licenses & Certifications
- Teacher - Gen Ed K-12 Skills Required
- Classroom Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Lesson Plan Development
- Student Information System
Keywords: Green Tree School, Camden , Special Education Teacher for 23-24 SY, Education / Teaching , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!