Elementary School Teacher (Immediate Hire)
Company: Democracy Prep Public Schools
Posted on: November 8, 2019
Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the
Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic
engagement for our scholars.
- An outstanding classroom teacher who holds scholars to
consistently high behavioral and academic expectations.
- A results-driven educator with experience in, and commitment
to, the use of data analysis and assessments to drive instructional
decisions and teacher accountability.
- A graduate of a Bachelor's degree program (required), with 2
years of urban teaching experience and state certification
- Spanish fluency preferred
What You'll Do
- Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined school culture of
high academic and behavioral standards.
- Implement a coherent, research-based curriculum.
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine
curricula and instructional practice.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with
scholars, families, and colleagues.
- Continuously improve your professional practice through weekly
coaching sessions, professional development, and data-driven
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that
includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, parental leave,
tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop. Along with
participating in the mandatory NJ Pension Plan, employees have the
choice of enrolling in a pre-tax 403b or post-tax Roth with
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age,
physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence
victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis
under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our
mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change
the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that
represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we
can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support
and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Keywords: Democracy Prep Public Schools, Camden , Elementary School Teacher (Immediate Hire), Education / Teaching , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!