Tier 1 Application Support Manager
Company: Subaru of America
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Tier 1 Application Support Manager
New Jersey, Camden
# of Openings
The Tier I Application Support Manager is a leadership role
responsible for supporting the highly visible customer-facing,
multi-market production environment for all of the Subaru Connected
Vehicle Telematics Applications in order to deliver exceptional
customer experience support with the purpose of providing a
controlled, secure, and predictable Application environment. This
role is responsible for managing a Tier I Offshore Applications
Support team triaging incoming incidents and problems as reported
by our Subaru car owners via our Call Centers, business
stakeholders, and 3rd party vendors who support our Subaru
Connected Vehicle Telematics Applications. This role is responsible
for managing Subaru Connected Vehicle Telematics Application
Incidents / Problems, maintenance processes and communication,
triaging incoming tickets while adhering to and reporting SLA's
ensuring 24 x 7 x 365 Connected Vehicle services availability and
ongoing data integrity. The Tier I Application Support Manager also
manages the interactions, integration and liaison between other
Service Management processes, business stakeholders, relationship
managers, infrastructure services, and application development
Our Subaru team members use their business knowledge, technical
skills and innovation to bring forth solutions that will take our
Connected Vehicle Telematics Applications into the future. If you
love the Subaru brand, are a collaborative continual learner with a
global mindset and have a desire to contribute to our company's top
priorities, this is the place for you.
- Overall accountability for daily management of Tier I Offshore
Connected Vehicle Telematics Application support team to ensure
availability of services, applications in the production
environment, following aligned standards and processes.
- Triage incoming incidents / problems to ensure stability of
production Connected Vehicle Telematics Application environments.
This includes all aspects of incident and problem management,
standardized methods and procedures for efficient and prompt
handling of all changes, in order to minimize the adverse impact of
any change-related incidents on customer service and quality. Own
the relationship with the business and third-party vendors for
application production support issues.
- Deliver a cost effective and sustained level of system
availability that enables the business to satisfy it objectives and
meets the SLA for Connected Vehicle Telematics Application
availability across multiple markets and sources (e.g. mobile app,
website, call center application, etc.)
- Responsible for collaboratively developing KPIs, SLAs,
Processes, Reporting and Vendor Relationships for Incident and
- Actively strive to decrease the number recurring incidents and
problems, and to proactively prevent incidents, by analyzing trends
and spikes in reported incidents and help to identify systemic
application and process problems, suggesting fixes and
- Develop requirements and specifications for system
enhancements/fixes in response to identified systemic problems.
- Develop comprehensive documentation of supported applications
and processes including a comprehensive knowledge base.
- Develop comprehensive Tier I Application Support documentation
including, but not limited to run-books, incident / problem
escalation procedures, communication plans to notify stakeholders
of problems and service level standards, standard reporting for
- Lead the Tier I Application Support team through analysis, root
cause and remediation/resolution of incidents as required. Ensure
applicable 3rd Party vendors provide root cause information.
- Track, facilitate and manage communication of third-party
vendor adherence of contractually documented Service Level
Agreements (SLA's), service credits and quarterly business
- Build, grow and manage vendor relationships to communicate
planned and unplanned 3rd Party maintenance.
- Perform periodic audits of the Tier I Application Support
processes and adherence to standards and enhance accordingly.
- Participate in Subaru's project and enhancement SDLC and change
management processes to plan for and implement any related Tier I
Application Support additions or changes. Facilitate any required
handoffs of support from development teams to the Tier I
Application Support team.
- Support Subaru's overall systems and Tier I Application Support
processes, ensuring that all items follow the appropriate incident
and problem management processes within Subaru's ServiceNow ITSM
- Develop Tier I Application Support effectiveness measures and
metrics including regular reporting of metrics to IT and Business
- Responsible for continuous improvements for Tier I Application
Support processes and the ServiceNow system supporting these
- Manage offshore vendor's managed services engagement for
application support. To ensure optimal resource utilization. Plan
for and budget appropriate resource management plan to accommodate
Connected Vehicle subscription metrics.
- Coordinate all Tier I Application Support processes in
production across Subaru and its vendor partners.
- Builds strong rapport with IT development teams and our service
providers. to identify opportunities (people, process, tools) aimed
at increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of overall support
- Proactively identify risks and resolve issues related to Tier I
Application Support practices.
- Encourage a culture of knowledge management and continual
improvement in the team
Key Operational Activity:
- Managing and leading teams.
- Directing the work of 3rd party offshore team, setting
priorities and coordinating their activities.
- Evaluating and verifying performance against goals and
- Maintain team coverage schedules.
- Maintaining and determining standard operational support
- Preparing different reports when and wherever required and
providing "in the moment" status updates to senior leaders during
incidents and problems.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to diagnose and resolve
- 7 -10 years of relevant Tier I Application Support experience
in a large enterprise environment including multiple related
systems, vendor partners and multiple lines of business.
- Experience in managing an offshore service provider.
- Experience with an enterprise-level incident and problem
- Capable of working independently, a self-starter who performs
initiatives that provide solutions for business requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, especially in the areas of
root-cause analysis and metrics driven productivity and
- Excellent communicator with strong reporting and presentation
- Qualifications desired also include a bachelor's degree in
Computer Science or Management Information Systems with 7 to 10
years of relevant production support experience.
Keywords: Subaru of America, Camden , Tier 1 Application Support Manager, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!