Director of Labor Relations
Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: April 4, 2021
The Director of Labor Relations will play a significant role in
managing labor and employee relations matters across NFI's
operations. This position will proactively interact with and advise
operations managers, HR partners and regional leadership on a broad
range of employment and labor relations matters, including union
prevention and general methods of positive employee relations. This
position reports to NFI's employment attorney.-- Responsibilities
include coordinating the Company's labor relations practices within
its labor relations policies and strategies. This role will respond
to union organizing activity and train managers on employee
relations matters. This position will also interact with employees
to ensure that they understand their rights under the labor laws.
This position requires significant travel to allow in-person
participation in training and other union prevention activities,
meetings, employee relations activities, and proceedings as needed.
These activities will include direct meetings with employees.
- Creates presentations and conducts training to inform
operations managers, HR partners, regional leadership, and hourly
workforce regarding labor relations issues.
- Assists in the management of unfair labor practice and EEO
charges, including coordinating with in-house counsel.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of company-wide
standardized practices, processes and forms.
- Conducts management training related to positive employee
relations and other timely topics.
- Frequently visits company worksites and evaluates employee
relations and climate.
- Reviews company data to look for trends in employee feedback to
further assist in climate evaluation.
- Collaborates to ensure legal compliance with federal, state,
and local regulatory requirements and disseminating, explaining,
and consulting regarding those requirements.
- Coordinates with in-house lawyers, operations managers, HR
partners and regional leadership to obtain alignment on union
- Prepares for and assists operations managers and regional
leadership in dealing with potential labor disputes, strikes, work
stoppages and other concerted activity, including in partnership
with the Company's in-house lawyers, advising on appropriate
courses of action involving satisfactory resolution of disputes,
security issues, employee concerns and media/public relations
- Provides insights on labor relations trends and patterns and
translates them into proactive proposals.
- Works with external vendors to develop and deliver proposed
labor relations related services on time and within budget.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum of 7 years of labor relations or similar experience.
Experience in organizations with a workforce that speaks languages
other than English as a primary language and traditionally
unionized industries strongly preferred.
- Speaks both English and Spanish (bilingual fluency
- Working knowledge and interpretation of the National Labor
- Ability to communicate and connect with hourly warehouse
workers and truck drivers
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities between multiple
- Thorough knowledge of employment principles, practices and
- Demonstrated leadership, change management, and success in
planning, leading and driving change in a large organization while
meeting or exceeding business objectives.
- Demonstrated business savvy to effectively communicate and work
with other executives and leaders in support of achieving business
- Deep understanding of the financial aspects of labor relations,
including wage and benefits costs.
- Intermediate level or better proficiency in Microsoft Word,
Excel and PowerPoint. Must be willing and able to travel
significantly (more than 50% of the time). California residence is
strongly preferred with NJ/PA a close second. If not currently
living in California (or NJ/PA), Company may condition hiring upon
agreement to move to California (or NJ/PA). To all agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this
opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies
to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form
and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such
search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this
position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a
candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement
process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
#L1-ZG1 Email this job to: To share this job with a friend, please
provide their name and email address below. Get tailored job
recommendations based on your interests. Location GREENSBORO, NC,
USA Category Internship TRIAD1828 CENTRE
2 Cooper Street Camden, NJ 08102
Keywords: NFI Industries, Camden , Director of Labor Relations, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!