Director of Engineering (Military Services Group, MSG) (99729)
Company: American Water
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Career Opportunities: Director of Engineering (Military Services
Group, MSG) (99729) Requisition
Time - Regular Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and
experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business.
Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where
every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger,
and more successful. Military Services Group (MSG) works with the
United States Military to treat and supply water and to collect and
treat wastewater for military installations all over the country as
part of the federal government's Utility Privatization Program.
- Manage the policies, practices, specifications, technical
approach, and overall strategy of the Military Services Group (MSG)
- Serve as MSG's engineering expert regarding capital project
delivery, including scope of work definition, internal capital
governance and approval, technical solutions, and procurement and
- Manage all training for the MSG capital program, including the
training of new capital staff as well as routine training regarding
the capital program. Key Accountabilities
- Manage the MSG corporate support engineers to ensure the MSG
locations have adequate engineering support in terms of scope of
work review, Annual Capital Plan preparation, and up to date
specifications and details.
- Assist in the review and preparation of all Utility
Privatization Proposals, including the preparation of the Initial
System Deficiency Correction (ISDC) Program, Renewal and
Replacement Schedule, and capital resource need.
- Manage the regular training of all capital staff and
appropriate operations staff on MSG capital policies and procedures
such as those described in the MSG Capital Manual.
- Monitor the capital program schedule and financial performance
at a regional level and assist the Regional Directors of Operations
- Maintain contractual compliance as well as compliance with
- Manage all capital project subcontracting efforts at a program
level, including the use of standardized templates, review of the
MSG Delegation of Authority, insurance requirements, and internal
- Manage the necessary contractual and sub-contracting
requirements in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations
(FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) such as
small and diverse business utilization and Davis-Bacon Act
- Manage all technical support to the MSG locations, including
vehicle ordering/purchasing, cyber security, security clearances,
technical consultation for operational issues, and support of new
- Maintain customer satisfaction (internal and external).
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key
customer stakeholders, including government Contracting Officers
and base installation leadership, including occasional
communication through face-to-face meetings, written and verbal
correspondence as appropriate.
- Support business development activities for new federal
contracting opportunities, as requested, including due diligence
evaluations, pricing development, and technical consultation on
- Serve as a member of the MSG senior leadership team.
- Working knowledge of managing and implementing capital
- Working knowledge of water and wastewater system operations and
maintenance requirements, including regulatory compliance
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Effective leadership and management. Demonstration of visible
"leadership-by-example", and values-based leadership
- Strong IT skills - proficient in MS Office especially Excel,
Word, and PowerPoint, and comfortable with integrating technology
into operational and capital processes
- Strong team leader and influencer with good relationship &
- Process-orientation mindset, and comfortable with driving
change management activities
- Highly motivated, innovative,--flexible & enthusiastic
- Must have ability to interact with a diverse range of
individuals and possess excellent functional / technical
- Negotiation skills and experience, preferably within the
context of federal contracting and construction subcontracting
- Strong public speaking experience a must
- Ability to resolve complex issues, and achieve outcomes that
effectively balance customer, company, and employee
- Can provide troubleshooting to complex problems, even those
beyond area of expertise to ensure that broad aspect of issues is
addressed including safety, environmental, financial, regulatory
compliance, personnel, governmental contracting and individual
bases issues Experience/Education
- 10 years business experience with knowledge of the
water/wastewater utility industry.
- Working experience with federal contract management and
negotiation, preferably work on contracts with the Department of
Defense or other federal government agency.
- BA/BS preferred or relevant equivalent experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Certification and/or
water/wastewater operator license desired.
- Prioritizes & Role Models Safety
- Develops Talent
- Plans, Aligns, & Directs
- Drives Engagement
- Decision Quality Join American Water... We Keep Life Flowing
--- American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for
employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color,
pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she
is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other
status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Camden , Director of Engineering (Military Services Group, MSG) (99729), Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!