Sales Manager - Ceiling Systems
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Primary location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Relocation offered: Yes
Employment status: Full-Time
Location: Work from home position located inside the Northeastern
US (from Washington DC to Maine and to western NY)
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you
as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with
a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with
leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your
potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription
drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage,
vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your
strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program
for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the
most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with
teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and
allow for different work styles to build engagement and
satisfaction to deliver results.
As our AcoustiBuilt Installation System Sales Manager, you will be
responsible for specifying, tracking, closing, and training for all
AcoustiBuilt jobs in the northeastern part of the United States
(from Washington DC to Maine and out to western NY). You will be
tasked with developing and maintaining business for Armstrong
ceilings, suspension systems, and grid systems with architects,
contractors, owners and distributors.
In addition, you will also be responsible providing both technical
solutions, installation assistance, and training to contractors who
install AWI's AcoustiBuilt solutions.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze, develop, and recommend appropriate solutions to
- Act as AcoustiBuilt functional expert for sales team and
- Ensure that all AcoustiBuilt jobs are installed properly and
- Drive specifications and sales by analyzing and meeting
customer needs and problems
- Create details and shop drawings for architects and
- Flip competitor specs using knowledge of their strengths and
- Drive conversations on standard DGS and Axiom products that
integrate with AcoustiBuilt
- Track all jobs in SFDC and keep comments, contacts, and
pipeline up-to-date monthly
- Call on architects to conduct CEU's, collaborate, and to
- Collect and report on VOC information
- Help marketing to ID and get the photography release signed for
- Identify opportunities, problems, needs, and solutions through
relationships with customers
- Read blue prints and with frequent visits to job sites
- Collaborate with contractors to understand their issues and
coach and train them on AWI systems and capabilities
- Collaborate with internal regional Reps, ISS and ISM to
specify, track, close and train on AcoustiBuilt products
- Investigate claims and complaints and recommend solutions
Requirements that will make you successful:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or equivalent industry
- 5+ years of experience in project management, estimating, or
- Ability to read and speak fluent Spanish and English
- Aptitude to safely navigate job sites, climb scaffolds, and
operate tools and transport equipment
- Demonstrated technical skills, including carpentry and hands-on
- Ability to read and analyze blueprints
- Ability to build positive, impactful, and influential
relationships with a variety of customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows applications
- Flexible and able to switch back and forth from training on a
jobsite to sales with an architect
- Ability to learn how to properly install grid/panels,
apply/finish joint compound, inspect for smooth/flat and spay
finish to demonstrate proper techniques to installers
- Experience with SalesForce.com, AutoCAD, and ShowPad
- Prior experience in ceiling installation and building
- Field measurement experience
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and
manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall
and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately
$1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing
network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or
restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance
comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall
performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and
integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along
with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people
we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our
communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling
solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a
positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and
play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're
committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of
our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the
design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into
structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of
people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we
live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders;
- Making a positive difference in the environments and
communities we impact.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven
workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex,
color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Job Segment: Installer, Photography, Sales Management,
Construction, Creative, Manufacturing, Sales, Engineering
Keywords: Armstrong World Industries, Camden , Sales Manager - Ceiling Systems, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!