Director of Facilities Management
Company: Pediatric Specialty Care at Philadelphia
Posted on: August 1, 2022
This job is located in Philadelphia.
Join Our Team: Join our strong and growing company today! Overview:
Pediatric Specialty Care at Philadelphia is looking for a full time
Director of Facilities Management!
Pediatric Specialty Care Overview:
- At Pediatric Specialty Care, we are dedicated to providing the
best possible long term, short term and transitional care available
for technology-dependent and medically fragile infants, children
and young adults. Pediatric Specialty Care is dedicated to meeting
the unique needs of medically complex and technology dependent
individuals ranging from birth to 21 years of age. Our goal is to
enable children with special needs to realize their fullest
potential in a nurturing and supportive environment. It is evident
to our residents and their families that whether we are helping to
transition a child back to their family s home or celebrating a
resident s small, yet miraculous achievement, we are deeply
committed to their physical, psychological and spiritual well-being
every step of the way. Director of Facilities Management position
The Director of Facilities Management is assigned to a campus or
multi-site location and responsible for complete operations,
property management, and oversight for Environmental Services and
Maintenance departments. This individual manages life safety
compliance, staff, day-to-day operations, and budget for each site
as well as regular maintenance checks, repairs, coordinating
vendors/contractors, record-keeping and supplies and equipment. The
Director of Facilities Management follows established safety rules,
policies and procedures of the departments and consistently
provides superior service to residents and staff.
Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Close to
thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently located on a bus route, Enjoy
a fun and diverse work environment, Enjoy being a part of a strong
and diverse team, Free Uniforms, Friendly and supportive staff,
Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental,
and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem
for prizes! Responsibilities: Director of Facilities Management
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for fire safety, maintenance and environmental
services support to assigned location(s).
- Participates as a co-chairperson in the facility Safety
- Participates in the Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP).
- Responsible for Preventive Maintenance Plans.
- Supervises and responsible for Maintenance and Environmental
- May be required to drive company vehicle to assigned
- Works with Human Resources to ensure departments are fully
staffed, conducts interviews and hires qualified staff.
- Administers disciplinary action when necessary within company
- Orients, instructs, trains, and supervises departmental staff;
assigns duties and evaluates work performance.
- Attends and leads in-service programs.
- Has an active role in General Orientation to ensure proper
training is provided to new employees regarding emergency utility
shut off and fire and safety features of the facility.
- Approves payroll and maintains labor budget within specified
- Responsible for environmental reviews and annual visits.
- Provides operational assistance and support for Elderwood
- Advocates for facility Administration and RDO s on projects
that affect their facilities.
- Approves all requests for purchasing for various departments
including Maintenance, Housekeeping, Laundry.
- Adheres to NFPA Code Compliance through review and
interpretation for all facilities.
- Knowledge and training of all local life safety/fire safety
codes and NFPA.
- Conducts testing and program compliance of all potable water
- Maintains environmental compliance for all regulatory agencies
including DOH, local/state/federal, etc.
- Manages and enforces Cooling Tower testing and program (Program
Administrator and Portal Entry where applicable).
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as
- Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including
wearing name tag at all times.
- Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices,
computers, tablets, etc.
- Supports and abides by Pediatric Specialty Care s Mission,
Vision, and Values.
- Abides by Pediatric Specialty Care s businesses code of
conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management
staff or Administrator. Skills/Competencies for the Director of
Facilities Management position:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Displays highest levels of cleanliness and safety
- Leads by example and displays effective leadership skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-focused
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving abilities Base wages
increase with experience!
Base salary starting at (note: salary increases with experience)::
USD $60,000.00/Yr. Qualifications: Educational Requirements and
Qualifications for the Director of Facilities Management position:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in related areas of:
physical plant, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and/or HVAC
systems maintenance preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Current, valid driver license required
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Life Safety Codes and NFPA preferred
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated
against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof
of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and
employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without
regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other
protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the
performance of the work involved.
Keywords: Pediatric Specialty Care at Philadelphia, Camden , Director of Facilities Management, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!