Center Director Assistant
Company: The Salvation Army Eastern Territory
Posted on: January 22, 2023
OverviewThe Center Director Assistants (CDA) primary
responsibility will be to provide administrative and operational
assistance to the Camden Kroc Center Director, reporting directly
to the Center Director. This job will help the Center Director by
exercising sound independent judgment and extreme care when dealing
with sensitive materials and information.Responsibilities
- Manage the Center Directors schedule and appointments.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial
statements, and other documents using Microsoft Word, Excel,
Access, or PowerPoint.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or
take detailed messages (to include name, contact information, and
purpose of the call, if appropriate). Return phone messages or make
phone calls on behalf of the Center Director.
- Greet visitors and determine whether the Center Director is
available, or if the individual should be redirected to an Officer
or staff member based on request or need.
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies,
maintaining records management database systems, and performing
basic bookkeeping work, such as assisting the Center Director with
various reimbursement requests and processes.
- Use discretion and independent judgment in handling
confidential and sensitive information in connection with the
- File and retrieve documents, records, and reports, creating
appropriate filing systems to help maintain information in an
organized manner, and maintaining highly confidential files &
- Attend meetings to record minutes; maintain and update meeting
minutes, so that meeting information/notes are readily available if
needed, and distribute minutes to others, as requested and/or
- Arrange and coordinate monthly meetings, including sending
Outlook invitations to participants, proofreading PowerPoint
presentations, booking meeting rooms, and coordinating food
- Oversee/participate in planning and coordinating small/large
scale events and organizational projects as determined by the
- Coordinate business cards, stationery, and office supply orders
based ondepartmental needs.
- Compile and maintain statistical information in appropriate
databases and run reports as requested.
- Attend and participate in professional development activities
as required and assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned and requested by the Center
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors degree
- At least five (5) years of administrative experience providing
high-level administrative support.
- Must have a current valid drivers license and be willing to
travel within the Camden neighborhood and other locations for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven
experience proofreading documents/presentations.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Advanced technological proficiency in applications,
specifically Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel), and Adobe
- Accurate and precise handling of qualitative and quantitative
- High attention to detail, consistent reliable follow-through,
and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on meeting
- Reliable and trustworthy, with the discernment to handle
sensitive and confidential matters appropriately.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, passionate about promoting
inclusiveness and belonging at the Camden Kroc Center.
- Must understand and support the mission of The Salvation
Keywords: The Salvation Army Eastern Territory, Camden , Center Director Assistant, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!