Chief Financial Officer
Company: Consensus Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Full Time 1.0 Senior Management
Evesham, NJ, US 2 days ago Requisition ID: 1529
Department/Location: Finance [Hybrid; Marlton, NJ Office &
Remote]Reports to: -CEOFLSA Status: ExemptDirect Reports:
-YesCompany OverviewAt Consensus Health, we believe better
healthcare begins with a community of strong, independent providers
delivering high quality, compassionate patient care with improved
outcomes. As New Jersey's fasting growing independent medical
group, Consensus Health offers full clinical and operational
integration with our value-based care programs, enabling providers
to transform the healthcare delivery experience. In addition,
Consensus Health owns and manages New Jersey's oldest Independent
Physician Association ("IPA") with over 1,000 providers throughout
the state. At Consensus Health we believe in fostering an
environment of collaboration, participation, and respect. A
cornerstone of that belief is a commitment to attracting talented
and dedicated team members who work together for the common purpose
of providing clinical excellence.Consensus is committed to
attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who are
passionate about helping physicians and their staff deliver better
care to patients and whose values align with ours. We empower our
employees to bring the right solutions forward to strengthen the
relationship between providers and patients and ensure that our
staff are well served. -Position Summary -The CFO will lead all
financial strategy and operations and drive the financial
statements for an organization that is transforming multiple
existing portfolio companies and start up organizations into a
significantly complex growth-oriented organization. The CFO will
partner with the senior management team to scale the business while
driving significant growth in profitability and cash flow. The
executive will build and manage a highly effective finance and
accounting organization with the people, systems, and processes to
efficiently support the demands of a rapidly growing business. The
candidate will also be responsible for managing and reporting the
financial results of the Company, and for the development of a
financial and operational strategy appropriate for the Company,
development of metrics, budgets, cash forecasting and the ongoing
development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve
Company assets, provide legal protection, and report accurate
financial results. This person will also provide guidance to the
Senior Management team and board of directors to assist in making
educated economic decisions about the Company's future including
expansion and acquisition decisions.Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe
duties include, but are not limited to: -
- Owns company P&L in partnership with senior executive team
and portfolio company leadership.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the
organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and
programs as a strategic partner.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely
and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial
trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board, investors and other
senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Coordinate preparation for external audits and filing of tax
returns and ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and
documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and company
- Achieves medical cost, medical loss ratio and operational
income targets set in forecasts.
- In partnership with executive leadership, develops and
maintains long-term company strategic plan, including five-year
financial plan and specific strategic initiatives, related
investment/capital deployment requirements and cost/benefit
- Optimize the Finance operating model, including recruitment and
development of talented financial professionals, implementation and
maintenance of financial systems, and development of financial
- Manages the company's annual operating budget and forecasts.
Presents company and operating unit financial forecasts and results
to executive management, board of directors, regulators, health
plans and other stakeholders.
- Owns medical cost trend and cost of care for both planning and
performance purposes; ensures that company fees and balance sheet
capitalization/reserves are adequate to cover company financial
- Oversees the financial terms of all Consensus contracts with
health plan clients and coordinates related activities such as
establishment of medical cost benchmarks, continuous financial
performance monitoring and settlements of contingencies under each
contract (i.e., performance penalties and/or incentives).
- Ensures that Consensus network participation providers meet
financial contractual targets and settles payments owed under such
- Leads a medical economics and actuarial team that collects,
maintains, and analyzes customer-specific data (claims data,
medical costs, membership, cost/effectiveness of care management
services provided) for use in driving customer strategies and risk
- Prioritizes and coordinates all cost of care analytics for the
business, including data environment to ensure relevance of
information applied in management of business and used to optimize
effectiveness of care management activities.
- Maintains consultative relationship and partnership with the
CEO, other executives and portfolio company leadership to optimize
complex case management and utilization management practices to
achieve Industry leading medical cost performance and clinical
- Maintains and analyzes claims experience and contract KPI data
associated with the health plan provider network (and Consensus
network) in applicable geographic territory.
- Understand provider revenue cycle management, billing and
coding and A/R estimation and collections.
- Understand actuarial sciences.
- Other duties and responsibilities as they may be
assigned.Qualifications or Education, Training and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or
Finance required. Graduate degree in Finance or MBA preferred. CPA
- Minimum 10 years' experience in accounting and financial
- Experience within managed care/value-based care with a
healthcare organization required.
- Expertise in financial risk planning in the health insurance
context, including projecting and calculating medical costs and
- Experience collaborating with senior executives and
- Proven GAAP and financial reporting technical expertise,
accounting software and spreadsheets; public accounting foundation
and/or CPA preferred.
- Proven business negotiation skills; track record of successful
negotiations with a variety of counterparties and vendors.
- Experience with direct contract negotiations of financial terms
with external clients.
- Experience with either health plan payers, Medicare Advantage,
managed Medicaid, and a national public auditing firm specializing
in healthcare are preferred.Knowledge and Skills/Expected
- Customer service focused with excellent analytical skills,
interpersonal skills and executive presence required. Experience
presenting complex plans and results to boards of directors and
senior decisions makers.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and adapt to new
issues/assignments as business needs change, comfortable with
- Strategic and growth-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate and have a
sales/growth perspective are key requirements for success in this
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet tight
- Must be meticulous and have excellent analytical skills.
- Must have effective communication skills, both written and
verbal, and experience with communication at an executive
- Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, including
all senior management.
- Supervises accounting department to ensure proper functioning
of all systems, database, and financial software.
- Ensures development and application of appropriate processes,
procedures and internal controls and compliance with all financial
and accounting procedures.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as requested by
- Uphold the mission and values of Consensus in all aspects of
your role and activities.Physical/Mental Demands and Work
EnvironmentThe physical demands described are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. -Examples of Work EnvironmentWhile performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk,
bend, sit, talk, lift, or hear. -The employee is regularly required
to stand, walk and use hands and arms to operate general office
equipment (PC, telephone, file cabinets, copier, postage meter, fax
machine and printer). -The employee may occasionally lift and/or
move between 10 and 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The
employee may need to travel to healthcare practices.The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is
usually low to moderate.The Company reserves the right to modify
the job description based upon its needs and may require the
employee to perform functions beyond those mentioned above. Neither
this job description nor any other communication creates an
employment contract between the Company and the employee.Equal
Employment -Our culture encourages individual development, embraces
an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and leads
New Jersey in provider and patient satisfaction. Consensus Health
valuesdiversity, inclusion, and equity as matters offairness and
effectiveness. -We are committed to hiring and retaining a staff
that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, fostering
an -inclusive working environment where staff of all backgrounds
feel welcomed and engaged. -Consensus Health is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from individuals
underrepresented in the medical sector, including people of color,
and persons with non-traditional work and educational experience.
All who believe they meet the stated qualifications are invited to
apply. Company SafetyWe believe that the best care for our patients
starts with the best care for our employees. Consensus Health is
committed to proactively creating and maintaining an environment
that is safe for our team and patients. Employees are required to
wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks,
gloves, gowns, and more as appropriate. -
Keywords: Consensus Health, Camden , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!