Veterans Preferred - Operations and Capital Project Manager - Contract Services Group
Company: American Water
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -Share Our Purpose. Be
Yourself. Feel Valued.
People are the heart of our business. As an American Water
employee, you will be offered a competitive salary and health
benefits package, along with opportunities to develop, grow, and
evolve your career. Our benefits packages focus on key areas such
as health & wellness, emotional & well-being, and savings for
current & future goals.
We are Beautifully Different. We strongly believe having diversity
across our company makes us more successful and helps us provide
essential services to our customers. We are stronger because we
embrace different ideas, viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds.
American Water is the best choice for your next role! Click here
for more information on our inclusion, diversity, and equity
American Water is the best choice for your next role! With a
history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the
largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water
and wastewater utility company. The company employs approximately
6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and
regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an
estimated 14 million people in 24 states. American Water provides
safe, clean, affordable, and reliable water services to our
customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information on
American Water, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on
Twitter , Facebook and LinkedIn .
This is a brand new opportunity supporting our Camden city project
with Contract Services Group. This role will focus on the smaller
scale capital projects in water/wastewater systems as well as
execute larger scale maintainance and repair projects. Apply now
for this incredible opportunity!
The operations and capital project manager is responsible for the
management and execution of large maintenance and repair and
smaller capital projects in the water and wastewater system. This
could include any aspect of public water supply system and
wastewater collection systems including asset management, project
and construction management, and issues relating to critical
operations & maintenance assets. Projects or assignments fall
within the following general categories listed below:
- Managing activities concerned with the delivery of small to
medium maintenance and capital projects from inception to
completion. This includes supporting project budgeting and
administration within an established management process, management
or self-performance of project delivery tasks including preliminary
engineering, detailed design, permitting, procurement, construction
management, field inspection, testing, turnover and project
- Support project delivery efforts through interpreting and
determining asset & operational requirements, organizing, and
ensuring execution of detailed engineering design tasks,
administering project specific permitting tasks, providing
technical support and operator training during construction &
- Troubleshooting related to water/wastewater operations and
maintenance concerns, project or program management for maintenance
of engineered assets (storage tanks, reservoirs, dams, etc.) or
event management support related to unplanned occurrences
(droughts, storms, floods, power outage, asset failures, etc.).
- Manage multiple projects and perform varied assignments
associated with capital planning, design, and construction.
- Efficient management of sub-contractors including negotiations
of sub-contract agreements; delivery of projects on time and within
- Supervise field and contract personnel to ensure timely
completion of assignments, within budget and adherence to
- Ensure employees and subcontractors involved in project
delivery follow all applicable health and safety standards and
- Communicate, engage and coordinate project activities with a
range of stakeholders impacted by particular projects, including
customers, municipal officials, subcontractors, regulators, and
- Assist in the preparation of technical, bidding, and
contractual documents associated with delivery of capital
- Establish project budget and cost. Monitor and manage budgets
and schedules for medium to small projects and programs of moderate
scope and complexity.
- Provide technical expertise on operational issues.
- Adhere to Engineering Standards, specifications and, equipment
manufacturer recommendations to support CSG and Client
- Strong construction management skills.
- Strong construction procurement skills.
- Strong knowledge of water / wastewater industry health and
safety regulations and standards.
- Ability to manage and influence subcontractors and
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of internal and
external stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective project
- Ability to identify the risks and rewards of capital
- Ability to work on multiple contracts simultaneously.
- Strong team player with good relationship and networking
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Highly motivated, flexible and enthusiastic attitude.
- Knowledge of US regulations (environmental), legislation, new
technology and current trends impacting the water industry.
- Ability to work multiple fast-paced projects or assignments
with minimum direction.
- Effective management skills (e.g. planning, organizing,
coordinating individual staff and teams).
- Understanding of construction procurement processes and
construction management principles.
- Understanding of construction project scheduling, sequencing,
- Understanding of construction standards, materials, equipment,
and installation procedures.
- College Degree or certificate in Construction Management, or
related field strongly desired. Commensurate experience may be
- Over Five (5) years' experience managing and implementing
Capital Improvement construction projects.
Certifications & Licenses
- Professional Engineer License (PE) desired and/or Construction
Management certifications preferred.
- Project management and development from office setting.
- Some field inspection and evaluation required for local
- Minimal to no travel beyond local area.
- Cultivates innovation
- Champions safety
- Customer obsessed
- Drives Results
- Nimble learning
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing---
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because they arean individual with
a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Camden , Veterans Preferred - Operations and Capital Project Manager - Contract Services Group, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!