Site Medical Director - Full Time - Camden
Company: CFG Health Network
Posted on: February 11, 2019
- Performs and documents routine physical examinations on inmate patients referred by the nursing/professional staff of the assigned correctional facility consistent with the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) standards of care, NJ 10-A, American Correctional Association (ACA) and Performance Based National Detention Standards (PBNDS) as appropriate.
- Participates in the annual review and approval of CFG clinical guidelines, protocols, policies and procedures as well as the medical disaster plan.
- Evaluates the credentials of health care providers of the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients.
- Assures the implementation and on-going supervision of the on-site chronic care clinics.
- Assumes the role of primary care physician to inmate patients and coordinates care both at the jail and off-site.
- Performs medical examinations on all new inmates within contracted intervals of admission as needed.
- Provides treatment and orders studies, tests and ancillary services required consistent with the provision of basic health care services.
- Supervises clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Conducts Doctor Sick Call to examine and treat those inmate patients requesting care and who, after being triaged by the nursing staff, require the services of a physician.
- Supervises the development of and application of policies, procedures, and protocols in the care of detainees/ inmate patients.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of physician and mid-level provider staff for the facility.
- Supervises clinical service treatments, medications and other treatments to treat illnesses and health problems as allowed by state regulations and under the guidelines of the approved CFG formulary.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Promotes a therapeutic environment to ensure inmates are treated in a professional, ethical and tactful manner.
- Ensures that all telephone orders are countersigned within 72 hours.
- Monitors all referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.QualificationsMinimum Education
- Completion from an accredited medical school facility with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Completion of a US based residency program.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state the facility is located (maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times).Minimum Work Experience
- At least two years of public health, emergency, family practice experience.
- Previous correctional health care experience preferred.Required Skills
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Assertive, empathetic and able to provide care objectively.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff; and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Strong medical knowledge base capable of preparation of written reports and able to handle legal depositions and court hearings.
- Maintains an active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- Must have an unrestricted and valid prescriptive authority with Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS).Functional Demands
- Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests.
- May be required to work nights, weekend, and holidays.
- Provide 24-hour on-call coverage to advise medical providers in the care of inmate patients.Organizational Expectations
- Provides a positive and professional representation of CFG Health Systems, LLC
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient s right to privacy.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmate patients and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting documentation, and prevention.
- Supervises the Medical Unit in facilitating health care in the detention facility.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Attends all CFG Health Systems related meetings.
- Evaluates and approves local infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Completes required orientation and trainings directed by facility.
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment.
- Follows facility and CFG Health Systems Occurrence Protocol.
- Adheres to PREA regulations.
- Maintains security clearance for the assigned facility.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: CFG Health Network, Camden , Site Medical Director - Full Time - Camden, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!