IT Service Manager - Commercialization
Company: Campbell Soup Company
Posted on: March 12, 2019
Imagine ...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process. We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference. General Summary The Commercialization IT Service Manager will be accountable for supporting IT systems strategy, owning operations management, and leading service management in support of enterprise-wide commercialization processes. Additionally, one key accountability of this position will be to assist in delivery of the currently scoped and defined Commercialization process digitization project to transform the efficiency and effectiveness of new product introductions through the application of digital capabilities. This role will be based in the Camden, NJ headquarters location. Principle Accountabilities This role is responsible for ensuring the quality of all technology services, projects, tools, providers and processes that Commercialization team within R&D and Supply Chain rely on to operate effectively. This position will be responsible for engaging directly and regularly with R&D and appropriate Supply Chain business partners to understand their objectives, processes, opportunities, and challenges, to develop and deliver against an aligned and prioritized strategic IT roadmap. This roadmap must be designed to substantially transform Commercialization processes with digital technologies and to deliver on their core business needs while remaining aligned with Global IT strategies.
- Accountable for end-to-end IT service quality for the Commercialization service area.
- Assist in delivering the Commercialization Digitization project on time, on scope, and ensure realization of the projected benefits
- Develop the Commercialization IT Roadmap as an input to the total Supply Chain and R&D IT strategy. This roadmap will establish clear linkage between functional needs, IT capability, and the desired outcomes. This roadmap will prioritize the transformation of business processes for effectiveness and efficiency through the application of digital capabilities such as analytics, robotic automation, business process management platforms, artificial intelligence, machine learning, VR/AR/Voice, etc.
- Successfully execute against annual project roadmap in accordance with Campbell standard project management methodologies, focused on delivering the benefits and success criteria agreed to by the project sponsors.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the work processes which are critical to successfully achieving our Commercialization teams primary mission and functional objectives
- Take an architectural view, as well as develop, document and maintain a deep understanding of the systems, technical architecture, interfaces, and underlying processes for the IT systems in the scope of this space
- Accountable for Commercialization aspects of merger, acquisitions and divestitures, including due diligence assessments, integration and separation planning and project execution.
- Build trust-based relationships through engagement with R&D and Supply Chain team members
- Manage demand, investment planning and value capture for IT solutions and services
- Participate and contribute to the Strategic Planning and Annual Operating Plan processes, help define and communicate top functional priorities
- Communicate IT Strategy and Value as required
- Become and remain knowledgeable on external trends and relevant products in Information Technology generally and in R&D / Commercialization Technology specifically.
- Build a strong understanding of digital technologies (VR/AR, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Crowdsourcing, etc.) and how they can potentially benefit business goals and practices
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the IT Service Catalog as a baseline of available offerings
- Active ownership of IT communications regarding all IT activities which could impact the end-user experience (planned service outages, system upgrades)
- Single point of contact and ownership with business partners on major IT disruptions
- Key systems in-scope include Project and Portfolio Management systems, Business Process Management Systems, Internal and External Idea Generation and Crowdsourcing Systems, commercialization related reporting and insights, and other systems as assigned Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree Education desired: BS in MIS / IT or related Years of relevant experience: 10+ years' experience in related field required. Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Business and personal competencies:
- Strong communication skills and ability to represent the IT function, i.e. ability to interact at the Director and VP level as required
- Exhibited knowledge and capability to fully understand how R&D functions operate end-to-end
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand business strategies, objectives, processes, and IT alignment to meeting business needs.
- Familiarity with budget planning, purchasing processes, and financial management
- Extremely strong business partnering and relationship management skills
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral, account management skills, and strong business knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills and broad business acumen.
- Influencing skills to be able to provide new and different perspectives to senior leaders
- Ability to assess and tailor communication approach / style to suit the situation
- Ability to grasp abstract ideas and cut to the heart of an issue in a factual and logical way
- Technical and Functional competencies:
- General knowledge and basic proficiency in IT concepts such as infrastructure, networks, applications, etc.
- Experience in commercialization systems and processes preferred
- CPG experience preferred
- Proficient in process optimization methodologies
- Proficient in change management methodologies
- Proficient project management methodologies and their application The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law. In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup Company, Camden , IT Service Manager - Commercialization, Executive , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!