PT Day RN Camden
Company: CFG Health Network
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview:POSITION SUMMARYThe Registered Nurse (RN) delivers care
to inmate patients utilizing the nursing assessment protocols in
assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation,
in accordance with established philosophy. RNs collaborate with
other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care
delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. RNs
effectively interact with patients, while maintaining the standard
of professional nursing.Correctional Nurses provide care to inmate
patients to promote & improve their overall health utilizing the
nursing process in triage, professional training and various
resources in accordance with regulatory agencies and established
guidelines. The inmate patient population often generally has not
had consistent access to healthcare prior to their incarceration.
This provides an opportunity for nurses to see and care for an
interesting variety of health concerns from minor ailments to major
and atypical conditions.Responsibilities:POSITION
- Performs and documents medical evaluations on inmate patients
of the assigned correctional facility consistent with the National
Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) standards of care,
NJ 10-A, American Correctional Association (ACA) and Performance
Based National Detention Standards (PBNDS) as appropriate.
- Performs complete assessments of inmate patient in a variety of
settings within the institution such as: initial intake area,
health care unit for sick, emergency situations on housing units,
chronic care clinics, and medical units.
- Collaborates with primary care providers and other health care
providers to ensure continuity, timeliness and appropriateness of
care to inmate patients.
- Ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem
oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order.
- Records all care information legibly, concisely, accurately and
completely, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms,
in a timely manner and signed.
- Coordinates and/or administers medication, therapeutic agents,
and treatments, to inmate patients.
- Reports reactions to treatments and medications, as well as
changes in the inmates' emotional or physical condition.
- Provides inmate patient education and/or discharge
- Promotes a therapeutic environment to ensure inmates are
treated in a professional, ethical and tactful manner.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending
on assignment setting.
- Attends scheduled in-service programs and staff
- A current CPR/BLS card with demonstrated and cognitive skills
is required.Minimum Education
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse
in the state the facility is located (maintain a current copy of
license on file at the facility at all times).Minimum Work
- At least one year of RN experience.
- Previous correctional health care environment
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Assertive, empathetic and able to provide care
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to work with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Experience in working with Electronic Health Records.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to command the respect and confidence of inmates and
staff; and philosophically committed to the objectives of the
- Maintains an active Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Ability to pass all required health and other screening
- May be required to work nights, weekend, and holidays.
- On-call duty may be required (available to work on short
notice) as per site requirement.ORGANIZATIONAL EXPECTATIONS
- Provides a positive and professional representation of CFG
Health Systems, LLC.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient's
right to privacy.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through
proper identification, reporting documentation, and
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of
practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or
- Adheres to infection control policies and protocols, medication
administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Completes required orientation and trainings directed by
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on
- Follows facility and CFG Health Systems Occurrence
- Adheres to PREA regulations.
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts.
- Maintains security clearance for the assigned facility.
- Identifies and utilized appropriate channels of communication
with supervising staff.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon written request to
your supervisor for individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential responsibilities functions.
- May regularly be required to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend,
kneel, crouch, or stretch, for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to communicate and understand written and verbal
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50
Keywords: CFG Health Network, Camden , PT Day RN Camden, Healthcare , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!