RN Charge Nurse - Nights
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Atlantic City
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Overview:Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
RN Charge Nurse - Nights
$15,000 Sign On Bonus!
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select
Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU
patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs
over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to
approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex
patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient
experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with
us!Responsibilities:We are looking for valued employees who will be
Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the
patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community
in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new
ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is
The primary purpose of the Charge RN is to administer and supervise
the clinical care being provided. You will be responsible for all
safety, infection control, and quality of care issues that might
arise while on duty, as well as, assisting with performance
appraisals, mentoring staff during orientation and handling
- Maximizing management opportunities while on assigned
- Effectively managing resources and promoting a team-like
- Complying with educational requirements while promoting a
climate of learning.
- Serving as a clinical resource for staff members.
- Implementing the staffing plan for your scheduled shift.
- Participating as a productive member of the interdisciplinary
team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs.
- Ensuring that medical orders are transcribed and processed
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.Qualifications:You
will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that
each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You
are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an
inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Valid State RN License.
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire. (Agency RN must have
ACLS upon first shift, PRN staff must have ACLS upon hire).
- EKG assessments and Vasoactive drip competency.Additional
Data:Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid
work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both
fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech
language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in
regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,200 per year.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance totaling $1,000 per quarter
($4,000 per year).
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring
initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance
their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification,
both of which would include quarterly bonuses.We'd love for you to
join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Atlantic City, Camden , RN Charge Nurse - Nights, Healthcare , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!