Physical Therapist (PT) / Full-Time w/ $3,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Atlantic City
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Overview:Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Physical Therapist (PT) - Full-Time
$3,000 Sign on Bonus
Starting rates up to $50/hr based on experience
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select
Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU
patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs
over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to
approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex
patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient
experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with
us!Responsibilities:We are looking for valued employees who will be
Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the
patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community
in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new
ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is
Using discretion and independent judgment, you will assist patients
and their families in coping with the unpredictability of illness
within the context of the hospital environment.
- Performing initial and ongoing systematic patient
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
- Setting goals and developing treatment plans.
- Working cooperatively to identify and solve patient-specific
and facility-wide needs.
- Participating in discharge planning for each patient, including
placement, patient/family education and adaptive equipment.
- Supervising Physical Therapy Assistants, as well as supervising
PT and PTA students.
- Conducting individual patient therapy regimens.
- Monitoring patient's response to treatment and modifying
treatment during sessions, as needed.
- Completing appropriate documentation according to department
policies and procedures.
- Participating in departmental, hospital, and community
continuing education seminars and in-services.Qualifications:You
will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that
each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You
are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an
inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Requires successful completion of all educational requirements
as mandated for state licensure or eligibility for a license in
- Current State licensure (or eligibility for State licensure)
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start
date.Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Some supervisory experience is preferred.Additional Data:Select
Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life
balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling
careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, other physical therapists, occupational
therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist
patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.We'd love for you to join the
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Atlantic City, Camden , Physical Therapist (PT) / Full-Time w/ $3,000 Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!