Licensed Practical Nurse Per Diem Enhanced Pay - Home Healthcare
Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: October 10, 2018
If you are a nurse, and you are compassionate about nursing, Christiana Care Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) is the place for you. Whether families need help during the day or night, this expert care is available for medically fragile children and complex adults. Our highly skilled staff can assist with many different facets of medical care, including tracheostomy maintenance, ventilator support, gastric tube feedings, giving medications and much more. We work with families and their loved one's doctor and other health care providers to create a care plan that will meet their needs. Christiana Care VNA is seeking Per Diem (80 or 56 hours a MONTH) LPNs to work the day shift in Harbeson, Bridgeville, or Laurel, Delaware. This exciting Per Diem position is new to our agency and provides increased compensation in your pocket through pay in lieu of benefits. For added incentive, Per Diem staff may increase their availability to maximize pay. Apply for more details on this new program! Christiana Care Private Duty serves patients throughout the state of Delaware, and has needs on specific cases for which we are recruiting. These patients have highly technical needs to support gastric tube feedings for nutrition, trach and mechanical ventilators. If serving these patients would be meaningful to you and your clinical development, please apply. We are willing to train you! Please see our video, by clicking this link, for a glimpse of what it means to work at the VNA: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overnight care while parents and caregivers sleep, ensuring the patient's safety and comfort.
- Administer medications and other prescribed treatments as ordered.
- Coordinate care with the family, the patient's physician and other healthcare professionals.
- Creates positive relationships by serving in a compassionate, responsive and courteous manner.
- Works Overnight and Weekends. Requirements:
- Qualified applicants must have current DE LPN license and 1 year of experience working as an LPN.
- Previous Home Healthcare and Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Must be able to attend a two-week daytime orientation in our Camden office, followed by patient-specific field orientation on night shift. Also requires a mandatory weekend per month.
- Tracheostomy and ventilator experience required Delaware lifestyles. People who live in and around Wilmington and Newark will tell you what a great region this is. A rewarding career with Christiana Care is your connection to it all. Here, you'll enjoy: Lower living costs and no sales tax. Excellent shopping, entertainment and restaurants. High-quality public and private schools, universities and colleges. Reliable public transportation, air and rail services. Short driving distances to Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. Beautiful homes in welcoming neighborhoods. A choice of urban, suburban and rural locations. Delaware's pristine beaches, waterways and parks. Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital, Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear, Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna, Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor, North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square, Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Camden , Licensed Practical Nurse Per Diem Enhanced Pay - Home Healthcare, Healthcare , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!