Company: Au Bon Pain
Posted on: July 23, 2019
Title: Prep Cook
Reports To: General Manager/Manager/Shift Supervisor
Department: Cafe Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly
Our Prep Cooks help turn raw product into delicious and healthy
meals. In this position, expect to prepare the food by washing and
cutting vegetables, weighing and mixing ingredients, and assisting
the Sandwich/Salad Maker and Bakers as needed. The Prep Cook at Au
Bon Pain is one of the first positions to arrive in the morning and
helps to organize the cafe before and during every shift.
The Prep Position is responsible for the preparation of legendary,
high quality fresh food. Prep is dedicated to the freshness,
appearance and standards of all Au Bon Pain products while ensuring
a CLEAN, FAST and FRIENDLY cafe environment. If you enjoy making
people smile while working with a great team and being part of a
Company that is a great place to work, we want you as a Prep
Prep Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and stock ingredients and products for cafe
- Ensure correct par levels are being prepared daily.
- Ensure that all products meet ABP's standards of freshness and
- Work with the management teams to plan prep schedules.
- Keep work area clean, organized and stocked, responsible for
proper sanitation of the work environment
- Assists management expediting on the line to ensure guest
- Knowledge of all Au Bon Pain products.
- Listen, respond and resolve all guests' requests quickly and
- Demonstrate hospitality, respect and a friendly attitude toward
guests and fellow team members.
- Resolves any problems and keeps management informed about
issues and problems as they arise.
- Provides on-the-job training for new prep team member.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Prep Cook Job Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills, can read, write,
and speak English
- Friendly attitude and team player who will contribute to the
culture and standards of Au Bon Pain
- Decision maker with ability to work independently
- Urgent, proactive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of
time (up to 6 hours at a time).
- Ability to move around the cafe to attend to the needs of
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other
objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds
from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABP is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal opportunity
to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, disability, military
status or veteran of the Vietnam era, sexual orientation, sex, age,
or any category protected by law. We value diversity among our team
members and the unique perspective this brings to our Company.
Copyright Au Bon Pain -- 2017
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Wilmington Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware, United States of
Keywords: Au Bon Pain, Camden , Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Wilmington, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!