Software Developer II
Company: First American Payment Systems, L. P.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are an industry leading payment technology provider for small-
to medium-size businesses. Formed in 1990, First American by Deluxe
is ranked as one of the top merchant service providers in the
United States. Our Family of Companies includes Certified Payments
by Deluxe, Eliot Management Group by Deluxe, GoEmerchant by Deluxe,
Govolution by Deluxe, and iATS Payments by Deluxe.
The Software Developer II role is to define, develop, test,
analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the
achievement of business requirements. This includes writing,
coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications.
The Software Developer II will also research, design, document, and
modify software specifications throughout the production life
* Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in
conceptualizing and development of new software programs and
* Development and maintenance of business-critical applications and
* Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and
software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software
products or company software systems.
* Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of
software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and
specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with
internal users and departments.
* Assist in defining software development project plans, including
scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
* Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all
internal and external program users.
* Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and
applications according to specifications.
* Compiles software Requirements Documents as needed.
* Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or
performance of company applications as necessary.
* Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and
existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating
areas for improvement, and general debugging.
* Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver
solutions to problem areas.
* Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team
members on the status of the programming process.
* Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
* Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
* Software engineering, and/or equivalent work experience.
* Proficiency in a variety of programming languages, including C#,
* Understanding of Internet Information Services (IIS), application
deployment methodologies, source control & versioning (TFS).
* Understanding of Change Control methodologies.
* Solid understanding of coding methods and best practices.
* Extensive relational database and operating systems
* Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies,
including MS .Net and ASP.
* Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on
functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
* Ability to work with business software users.
* Ability to communicate with users of varied skill levels to
create requirements documents.
* Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with
members of interdisciplinary teams.
* Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and
* Highly self motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
* Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented,
Education and Experience Required for the position:
* College diploma or university degree in the field of computer
science, information systems, or software engineering, or similar
course of study and/or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum two (2) years of software development experience.
Experience in finance is highly desired.
We offer amazing benefits that start on your first day of
employment and generous PTO!
Please note our statement regarding COVID 19 vaccinations!
Deluxe is a federal government contractor, as well as a
subcontractor to federal government contractors. As such,
consistent with President Biden's recent Executive Order, Deluxe
has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy effective November
15, 2021 requiring COVID 19 vaccinations for all US new hires. We
are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees
and their families, our customers and visitors and the community at
large. For this position, candidates must be fully vaccinated or
have been granted an exemption as an accommodation for a disability
or a sincerely held religious belief. All disability and religious
accommodation requests must be submitted to Employee Relations at
the time of acceptance of an offer and prior to a candidate's start
First American by Deluxe is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex,
age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran
status or any other status protected by state or federal
Keywords: First American Payment Systems, L. P., Camden , Software Developer II, IT / Software / Systems , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!