Founding High School Teacher (All Subjects) - Camden
Posted on: January 22, 2023
About KIPP New Jersey
KIPP New Jersey is part of the nationally recognized "Knowledge Is
Power Program" network of free, open-enrollment,
college-preparatory public schools dedicated to preparing students
for success in college and in life. In 2002, KIPP New Jersey first
opened its doors in Newark's South Ward as a single class of 80
fifth graders and has since grown to educate 7,035 students in
grades K-12 across 15 schools in Newark and Camden. More than 90%
of KIPP New Jersey students currently qualify for free or reduced
By 2025, KIPP New Jersey will have fifteen schools in Newark and
five in Camden providing a world-class education to over 10,300
students. To learn more, visit www.kippnj.org.
We're growing! We are looking for 9th and 10th grade teachers for
our founding school!
Here's what you need to know:
Our high school is seeking awe-inspiring teachers to guide our
students as they climb the mountain to college and beyond. Our
teachers are dynamic leaders both in and outside of their
classroom. They love students, working with families and the
community they serve.
High School Lead Teacher
KIPP New Jersey is looking for a motivated teacher with a track
record of molding future leaders in our communities. You are
passionate about education and understand the importance of
building strong relationships in generating student achievement.
You are dedicated to going above and beyond to ensure our students
We are seeking experts in the following content areas:
- English Language Arts
- Foreign Language
- Special Education
Here's what you'll be doing:
Joining our schools as a teacher comes with a lot of growth
opportunities, but with great power comes great responsibility.
Your role as a teacher will involve a number of responsibilities
which will include but are not limited to:
- Create, internalize, modify and prepare lesson plans in
accordance with academic curriculum, working closely with the grade
- Use data to responsively teach to mastery of academic
- Work closely with students, families and colleagues to create
an environment that is supportive of student progress.
- Reinforce a firm foundation for all classes and uphold
classroom management techniques.
- Help with diagnostic and progress monitoring testing across the
- Monitor student progress and adjust teaching strategies to
ensure all students meet the learning objectives.
- Update student performance trackers and use data to help guide
your lesson plans.
- Participate in school, departmental and parent meetings.
- Participate in school events, activities and programs both
during and outside of regular class instruction hours.
- A belief in every student's limitless potential.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
required (Official transcripts showing degree conferred are
required prior to the starting date of employment).
- A minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 if graduation date is
after 2016 or minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 if degree conferred
- Appropriate state teaching certification completed or in
process of being completed.
- Subject matter expertise.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience, with
demonstrated interest in working with students from diverse
economic and cultural backgrounds
- A track record of success in the classroom.
- A collaborative attitude towards teaching and learning.
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, KIPP NJ offers a full
comprehensive benefits plan, including health care, retirement, an
optional subsidized wireless plan through Verizon, a school laptop
and transportation benefits for TEAMmates commuting into New Jersey
from the Philadelphia area.
KIPP NJ offers competitive salaries to newly hired lead teachers.
Salaries are based on prior experience and in accordance with
certification requirements. KIPP NJ offers a competitive salary
range of $59,000-$99,000 for teacher positions with additional
opportunities for earning up to $7,000 annually in
KIPP New Jersey / KIPP Miami is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: KIPP, Camden , Founding High School Teacher (All Subjects) - Camden, IT / Software / Systems , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!