Talent Acquisition Manager - Technology & Innovation
Company: American Water
Posted on: September 15, 2019
If you're passionate about leading a team to hire the BEST talent
for our Technology & Innovation function . . . AND you enjoy
collaborating with others to achieve desired results, LOOK NO
FURTHER! Check us out and APPLY TODAY!
Supervises an enterprise wide/geographically dispersed team of
Recruiters who are responsible for sourcing and attracting talent
for defined client groups across American Water. Responsible for
utilizing effective talent acquisition
systems/approaches/strategies, best practices, and process
improvements in order to provide exceptional service to the
candidate, hiring manager and broader business. Includes day-to day
supervision of AWK Recruiters, monitoring and managing TA metrics
and requisition workload, ensuring consistent and compliant
delivery of TA services, project management, continuous improvement
mindset and effectively demonstrating AWKs frontline leadership and
TA competencies. Participates as member of the extended Talent
Management Leadership Team.
Supervisory Responsibilities (50%)
- Responsible for supervising and directing the work efforts of
- Reports into and works closely with Director, Talent
- Provides coaching for employees, conducts performance reviews,
and ensures that Recruiters develop robust professional development
- Accountable for the performance management and results of
employees within organizational unit.
- Makes decisions that are guided by and interpreted through
policies, procedures, metrics and the broader business
- Responsible for the application of the end-to-end talent
acquisition process with team of recruiters including requisition
creation and approval, engagement with hiring manager, sourcing
strategies, applicant review process, selection process,
notification of offer or rejection, background check and
onboarding, and closing the requisition.
- Collaborates with TA/TM/HR leadership to identify talent gaps
and makes recommendations to meet business needs/growth.
- Serves as a member of the extended Talent Management Leadership
team and serves as a catalyst for building a best in class TA
organization. Projects & Performance Improvement (30%)
- Supports and/or may lead small to large enterprise-wide
projects effectively; including, initiating, planning, analyzing,
executing, measuring and communicating progress.
- Oversees the usage of the AWs Recruiting module; responsible
for consistent and compliant application; assesses the
effectiveness and efficiency of the system; makes recommendations
for changes or enhancements
- Develops key metrics to measure the effectiveness of talent
acquisition processes. Measures impact and helps to pilot test new
talent acquisition strategies, techniques, tools and processes.
Direct Recruiting (20%)
- Manages a requisition workload in addition to leadership
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must possess working knowledge of:
- Recruiting practices
- Microsoft Office suite of products
- Expert level proficiency with Success Factors applicant
tracking system is required
- Various recruiting methodologies, including social, Boolean
- Must possess:
- Ability to establish and organize people and tasks to focus on
- Superior verbal, written and presentation communication skills;
with ability to do public speaking
- Strong coaching, counseling and teaching skills
- Ability to collaborate with virtual teams and also face to
- Ability to proactively engage and influence others at all
levels, at times without formal authority
- Excellent internal and external customer service
- Confidence and ability to have critical conversations, if
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with
different groups with diverse needs and requirements to develop and
deliver workforce education
- Flexible and Agile
- Open to feedback and willing to accept stretch assignments and
- At least 7 years experience in the field
- Background in utility industry and prior experience supporting
federal contractors strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of undergraduate
education and specific relatable work experience in a relevant
Up to 25%.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual
with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Camden , Talent Acquisition Manager - Technology & Innovation, IT / Software / Systems , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!