Real Estate Attorney
Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: August 5, 2022
The Real Estate Attorney will provide legal counsel and guidance
to NFI's real estate department on all aspects of real estate
leasing, acquisition, development, and management, but with a
particular emphasis on reviewing, drafting and negotiating
industrial leases. This position will report directly to the Vice
President and Associate General Counsel, Real Estate.
- Advise on and structure various real estate transactions and
draft, review and negotiate various types of agreements in
connection with such transactions, including:
- Leases and other related documents for warehouses and
distribution centers, maintenance facilities and parking lots from
both the landlord side and the tenant side;
- Amendments to leases, including term extensions;
- Estoppel certificates, non-disturbance agreements and
collateral access agreements with lenders and property owners;
- Subleases and assignments of leases;
- License agreements, easements and right of entry
- Purchase and sale agreements for the acquisition and
disposition of properties;
- Development and construction agreements in connection with the
construction of new facilities or tenant improvements;
- Loan agreements and related documents in connection with the
financing of acquisitions or construction projects.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to the Real Estate team
regarding leasing proposals, commission agreements and
landlord-tenant issues, as well as the interpretation of lease and
other contractual provisions.
- Maintain status reports of active and executed contracts and
ensure appropriate approvals are obtained prior to execution of
- Confer with executives regarding real estate initiatives to
assess legal risks and plan actions to control or minimize such
- Work with Real Estate department in handling real
- Manage and prioritize projects as they arise working alongside
the Real Estate team.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with
internal clients; establish credibility and influence where
appropriate.Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Between3 and 8 years of legal experience in real estate,
preferably including large law firm experience.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating leases (from
both the landlord and tenant perspective), purchase and sale
agreements, development and construction agreements, and loan and
- Preference for experience in the warehousing and/or industrial
real estate sectors.
- Ability to quickly understand new, novel or unexpected legal
issues or circumstance relating to real estate matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously meeting
tight schedules.To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails
to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by
search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email,
the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole
property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were
engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is
in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the
NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any
kind will be paid.#LI-ZG1Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: NFI Industries, Camden , Real Estate Attorney, Legal , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!