Litigation Support Analyst / Sr. Paralegal #18-512
Company: Forfeiture Support Associates
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Salary: Salary Commensurate w/Exp
Published Job Title:
Litigation Support Analyst / Sr. Paralegal
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers Engility and AECOM, has an anticipated vacancy for a Senior Paralegal/Litigation Support Analyst.
Litigation Support Analyst ("LSA") will support attorneys and investigators by providing litigation and investigation support for an ongoing, complex healthcare fraud matter. LSA responsibilities will require knowledge of office skills, personal computers, scanners, copy and fax machines, and an ability to work as a team member and facilitate work processes among other staff members. Communication skills are extremely important. The LSA must work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff. The LSA must demonstrate an ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office setting. Skills in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner are essential. The LSA should have a solid background in using current litigation support techniques, software and equipment to provide complex legal support and technical assistance on such electronic systems as Relativity, Concordance, LawPrediscovery, iPro, CaseMap, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting attorneys with productions of material both to and from external parties
- Consulting with and advising attorneys on best practices for the preparation of documents and how to best use litigation support technologies to support projects
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations of evidence in proffer sessions, witness interviews, settlement and plea negotiations, and at trial
- Oversee the collection and production of documents from government agencies and external parties;
- Processing, uploading, and interpreting data received from external parties;
- Training attorneys, paralegals and other personnel on litigation applications;
- Assisting in the organization and search of investigative materials;
- Assisting in the production of materials to external parties;
- Drafting recurring legal documents in conformance with the rules governing their style and format;
- Reviewing documents and other materials produced pursuant to subpoena, maintaining inventory of materials produced pursuant to subpoena, and preparing outline of substance of documents/materials produced;
- Reinforcing the need to, and benefit of, engaging eDiscovery specialists in the early stages of cases.
Specifically, the LSA will be expected to accomplish the following tasks:
- Provide litigation support services, including drafting investigative summaries and presentations, assisting with witness preparation, assisting ions, and assisting with settlement and plea negotiations;
- Oversee the collection and production of documents and materials from government agencies and external parties;
- Process, upload, and interpret data received from external parties;
- Draft recurring legal documents in conformance with the rules governing their style and format
- Review, analyze, and interpret documents and other materials;
- Maintain an inventory of materials produced pursuant to subpoena, and prepare outlines and/or logs of documents/materials produced;
- Create and maintain a database and system for processing electronically stored information ("ESI");
- Plan and coordinate efforts with law enforcement agencies involved in litigation team activities, including recommending best practices and procedures for collecting and producing ESI using available software;
- Organize voluminous case information for efficient retrieval through automated means such as processing ESI, scanning, indexing, and production of documents into a database;
- Oversee and handle document organization and management for efficient electronic storage and retrieval by processing ESI, defining deduplication scope, quality control, preparing appropriate indices, defining data field search criteria, and indexing databases;
- Draft and compile chronologies and logs of key data and information;
- Liaison with the taint/privilege review team of AUSAs regarding privilege review;
- Liaison with AUSAs in the Criminal and Civil Divisions regarding sharing of key information;
- Liaison with law enforcement agencies, defense counsel, and third-party vendors concerning documents and investigative strategy;
- Conduct on-site review and organization of physical documents and materials;
- Assist in the preparation of graphical presentations, demonstrative exhibits, and government presentations;
- Coordinate with third-party vendors as needed;
- The LSA will perform such services directly or in conjunction with the USAO's Litigation Support Manager.
The Litigation Support Analyst/Senior Paralegal must have the following qualifications.
- Bachelor's Degree;
- 2-5 years of experience in a litigation support, electronic discovery, paralegal, legal support, and/or technology support environment;
- Experience with processing/uploading ESI to Law Prediscovery, Nuix, Relativity, iPro Eclipse, Concordance, iConnect, CaseMap, Palantir, etc.;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF;
- Experience analyzing incoming electronic data to determine appropriate
- processing requirements;
- Experience with performing complex searches, managing the technical
- administration of document reviews and producing data to outside parties using common litigation
- support platforms, particularly the Relativity document review platform;
- Experience working directly with a variety of technical and non-technical users;
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet tight
- Good written/oral communication and organizational skills;
- United States Citizenship and a passage of a federal background investigation.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA) LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity) veteran status, family leave status, and any protected group status as defined by applicable law.
FSA Internal Use Only::
Keywords: Forfeiture Support Associates, Camden , Litigation Support Analyst / Sr. Paralegal #18-512, Legal , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!