Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Sales Lead - Club & eCommerce is responsible for
leading the development and implementation of business plans across
Costco & Costco.com platforms. The CSL will be focused on total
volume, profit and share growth of the Campbell portfolio, specific
to Soup, Broth, Meals, Baby & Beverage brands. Responsibilities
include proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and updating
the overall business plan to meet and/or exceed all volume, profit
and share objectives, as well as identifying opportunities for
growth. The CSL will also be responsible for implementing brand
strategies and tactics with customers by working closely with key
decision makers (internal and external).
* Deliver annual operating plan for sales, profit and trade
management for assigned Costco & .com account
* Develop annual strategic plan for Costco customer, including
trade fund strategy and planning, reconciliation and management via
* Proactively monitor and update the customer's overall business
plan, including managing trade budgets, spending, and volume, to
achieve all sales objectives versus plan via e4 tool.
* Initiate ideas with input from Costco and leverage Sales
Planning, Marketing, Supply Chain, co-packers, as determined, and
the brand teams to commercialize products for the channel and build
and/or enhance sales collateral.
* Manage, communicate and monitor performance of 3rd party
broker for Costco and DHL partnership
* Identify, connect and develop new Ecommerce relationships with
* Conduct category business strategy sessions to discuss the
state of the business, consumer trends, key business drivers,
incremental opportunities, etc. Leverage team-dedicated Insight and
Category Management resources appropriately.
* Understand Campbell's brand strategies and tactics and
implement them by working closely with the customer's key decision
makers, including buyers, category managers, merchandising leaders,
* Lead the customer in the execution of category
* Develop accurate monthly forecasts to maximize supply chain
efficiencies by tracking shipments, consumption data and inventory
changes. Proactively call out potential risks or threats to monthly
* Sell-in new items to customer and work with key customer
personnel to achieve optimal distribution.
* Leverage Customer Marketing resources to develop and implement
collaborative marketing programs in alignment with brand and
* Also responsible for directing, communicating and day-to-day
management of the Regional Buying facilities
* 30-40% Travel expected
* The ability to organize and synthesize data and communicate
succinct, actionable insights is critical.
* Able to assess any customer's competitive position, behaviors
and strategies and understand how they align with Campbell's
strategic goals to help determine a customer investment strategy
(use of trade, customer marketing, and integrated marketing
equities) that will best support a customer's revenue, profit and
* Develop productive working relationship with key, decision
makers within the customer's organizational structure.
* Initiate new product and package innovation.
* Manage several key customer touch points Responsible for
managing a 3rd party broker.
* Requires cross-functional interaction within the customer team
(e.g., Finance, Category Management, Customer Marketing, etc.) as
well as with World Headquarter personnel (e.g., Integrated
Marketing, Brand Strategy, Finance, etc.)
* Trade fund management requires strong understanding of and
experience with P&L management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities preferred:
* Demonstrated strong leadership skills, with a high level of
drive and energy and the ability to consistently deliver
* Independent, but also work well in a team setting, with strong
inter-personal and customer relationship skills
* Strong organization, analytic and verbal & written
communication skills a must
* Effective communicator and able to create and deliver
persuasive professional presentations
* Ability to balance and prioritize request from multiple
* Quick learner, self-directed, and detail oriented
* Must be flexible, agile, & adaptable and have an
* Able to plan, schedule, prioritize projects and meet
* Category & Brand Knowledge preferred
* Knowledge of Supply Chain operations preferred
* Minimum education required: Bachelor education required
* Years of relevant experience: 5-7+ years
* Technical Skills
* Experience with Club or other eCommerce and Omni retailers
(CPG focus needed)
* Experience with Syndicated Data (IRI or AC Nielsen, retailer
loyalty card, retailer POS) preferred
* Knowledge, skills and abilities required: Sales experience
preferably with Club & eCommerce, Financial acumen and trade
* Computer Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Experience with
internal computer systems for data gathering and
* Location: Preferably based in greater West Coast area.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.