Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Associate Accounting Manager - Leasing
This role is primarily responsible for the ongoing
administration of the new lease accounting standard (ASC 842). This
* Oversight of monthly journal entries and account
* Coordination with procurement and other stakeholders on a
frequent basis to ensure all new leases and lease modifications are
received timely for evaluation;
* Review of new leases and lease modifications to abstract and
validate key data;
* Preparation of materials for quarterly balance sheet reviews
* Provide lease accounting support as a subject-matter expert to
procurement, real estate, controllers, and other stakeholders;
* Coordinate audit requests from both internal and external
auditors for lease related accounting and disclosures (annually and
* Drive process improvement by leveraging technology solutions
(BlackLine, CoStar, etc.).
To be successful in this role (and to pivot that success into
another opportunity) requires thought leadership as an SME and the
ability to adapt quickly. It also requires the ability to teach
others, to document processes and to find practical/sustainable
resolutions to challenges.
Critically important for this position:
* Having a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, preferably
including knowledge of ASC 842, Leases;
* Taking ownership over tasks and processes;
* Having a continuous improvement mindset (identifying
opportunities, proposing solutions and executing corrections);
* Being a confident self-starter who can architect paths forward
* Being comfortable in an ever-changing environment and willing
to be flexible as priorities shift;
* Paying attention to detail;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Time management skills - prioritization is key; and
* The ability to interact well with a diverse set of team
members, external partners, auditors, etc. (adjusting to your
* Oversee the accounting, controls, and processes for lease
accounting under ASC 842, Leases company wide.
* Collaborate with the Campbell Snacks lease accounting team
regularly to ensure accuracy of lease accounting.
* Own processes and controls to ensure completeness of lease
* Review and approve lease records within the lease accounting
* Review journal entries for accuracy and in a timely manner
* Prepare/review account reconciliations & lease rollforwards,
ensuring accuracy and quality.
* Prepare/review quarterly lease accounting disclosure.
Collaborate with Controllers to ensure accuracy of the lease
* Independently research ad hoc technical accounting questions
and document impact to Campbell in a clear and concise manner
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive change
by leveraging technology; Manage junior team member through the
* Troubleshoot issues within the lease accounting tool; work
directly with CoStar contacts to resolve.
* Educate key stakeholders within the business on the lease
accounting standard and Campbell policies.
* Assist with internal and external audits through coordination
of requests and implementation of follow-up actions.
Primary People Management Responsibilities:
* Supervise a junior team member responsible for lease
accounting processes, controls, and financial reporting.
* Educate the junior team member and Snacks accounting team on
the technical aspects of the lease accounting standard.
* Maintain a consistent focus on talent development and
* Hold team member accountable to objectives and monitor his/her
performance through metrics.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
* 6-8 years of relevant accounting experience required.
* CPA certification required.
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC requirements.
* Hands-on experience with ASC 842, Leases strongly
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Highly motivated and proactive in problem solving.
* Ability to work flexible hours to meet deadlines and business
* Experience with SAP, Blackline, and/or CoStar a plus.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.