Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sr. Demand Planner creates, reviews, publishes, and refines
demand forecasts across multiple hierarchies to deliver
high-quality and consistently improving demand projections to
ensure the right product, at the right place, at the right time.
This role supports the demand steps within the IBP process and
collects input from cross-functional partners such as sales,
marketing, finance, consumer and customer Insights (CCID), and
commercialization to achieve world class forecast accuracy and bias
which supports a coordinated service level and inventory strategy
with supply planning.
The Sr. Demand Planner has product line responsibility for
multiple Brands within the business unit that s/he supports. The
duties include: working with marketing, sales, and logistics to
understand the drivers of demand and forecasting implications of
activities, working with the Supply and Procurement teams to
support case fill and inventory objectives, as well as, to bring
visibility to long term forecasts for capacity, raw material and
commodity procurement, and playing a support role to develop and
execute the strategic direction for objectives in improving
forecast accuracy and bias.
* Supports the monthly forecasting process for several product
lines within the business unit s/he supports aimed at delivering
high-quality and consistently improving demand visibility to ensure
the right product, at the right place, at the right time.
* Manages the forecasting performance review process by
monitoring forecast metrics and adjusting statistical models and
market intelligence accordingly.
* Collects market intelligence (customer events, pricing
actions, competitive insights) from cross functional participants
and leverages judgement to improve forecasts accordingly.
* Creates statistical forecasts for Brands that fall under the
rigorous IBP process and supports the Demand Step of the Integrated
Business Planning (IBP) process by delivering monthly consensus
forecasts within the business unit s/he supports, as well as,
supports the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
* Develops and ensures compliance with common templates for key
stakeholders within IBP process.
* Coordinates the inter-functional resolution of day to day
challenges related to demand and supply discrepancies and plays a
role in ensuring that there is effective "lessons learned"
* Ensures that significant unexpected out of stock situations
are reviewed and resolved with participation from key functional
* Ensures that action plans on key day to day exceptions
situations are communicated to appropriate stakeholders.
* Supports process improvement projects in partnership with the
Center of Excellence to improve forecast accuracy and bias results.
Maintains and enhances process documentation.
* Lead key strategic initiatives or projects individually or on
* Develops forecasts for new items with key cross-functional
inputs and collaborates with Supply Planners to develop and execute
strategies for new items and items to be transitioned or
* Extracts data and reports from various sources to support team
needs, including the monthly IBP cycle and performs data analysis
to support brand/channel forecasting needs.
* Maintains superior data quality by ensuring that the data
sources (Sales, IT, and Financial systems) are under control and in
a continuous improvement stage.
* Ensures that planning software interfaces and parameters
maintenance have been documented and reasonable processes
* Administers appropriate product, customer, and location
hierarchy as well as other forecasting model parameters.
* Develops item, location, weekly forecasts for a 24 month
rolling horizon for a subset of categories using historical trends,
customer intelligence, and other demand drivers which provides a
signal for the broader organization.
* Addresses planning/forecasting related issues that the
manufacturing plants or stakeholders bring to the table, evaluating
the problems, and finding the best course of action.
* Minimizes inconsistencies in information as this position
works between and within numerous platforms to obtain all required
information to manage the business, e.g., SAP, Terra Technology,
WMS, and various reporting tools.
* Supports the organization to Best-in-Class IBP standards that
are benchmarkable against world class companies.
* Drive collaboration and consensus with a diverse set of
internal stakeholders to create quality decisions with unbiased
direction on specific business units/ brands.
* Bachelor's Degree required. Business/Supply Chain discipline
or related field preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years in supply chain planning or comparable
analytical role required.
* Consumer products industry experience preferred.
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel. MS Access
skills or aptitude to quickly learn is important.
* Manugistics Demand Planning, SAP, or other Supply Chain
planning software experience preferred.
* Familiarity with and experience extracting information from
syndicated data (ie IRi) preferred
* Ability to make assumptions and defend them
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities preferred:
* Proven ability to work effectively with cross functional
* Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.