Supvr Relay & Control (ACE)
Company: Exelon Corporation
Location: Mays Landing
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Description--At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This job is responsible for supervising a unit that is responsible
for installation, maintenance and repair of complex protective
relaying schemes, metering, and remote control and data systems in
substations. Coordinates technical activities and leads, directs,
and provides liaison for complex work. This position may be
required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during
storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for oversight and/or field technical training for
the entire job family of Relay and Control Technicians. Directs
employees engaged in work on protective relaying schemes, metering,
remote control and data systems. Assures adequately qualified
personnel to meet requirements by coordinating training and
development with the Safety & Training Unit.
- Participates in planning major substation or plant construction
projects. Reviews engineering drawings and recommends changes when
appropriate; makes frequent field checks to maintain knowledge of
new protective relaying schemes, metering, remote control and data
systems; plans operational tests of new protective relaying
schemes, metering, remote control and data systems. Establishes
close liaison with all other units, sections and departments
involved in construction and work to ensure coordination of work
efforts and integrity of the electric system.
- Directs scheduled inspections, tests and calibration of
protective relaying schemes, metering, and remote control and data
- Coordinates utilization of employees, equipment, and vehicles
to assure maximum effectiveness. Responds to system/equipment
problems as consultant to field technicians.
- Directs investigations of trouble and initiation of corrective
action on protective relaying schemes, metering, remote control and
- Recommends improvements and changes in existing practices,
policies, methods and equipment.
- Assists workload planning coordinators with writing outages for
all work (maintenance and capital) and reviews and plans daily work
schedule with Field Coordinators.
- Implements productivity and quality controls and assure
achievement of goals and compliance with OSHA, and other Federal,
State, and local standards and requirements.
Supervises staff in a department. Works within prescribed operating
procedures. Typically reports to Manager. Direct reports normally
include entry-level exempt, non-exempt skilled and non-skilled
craft and clerical. --Qualifications--MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor---s degree in engineering or related field and 5 - 8
years related experience, OR High School Diploma (or equivalent)
and 10 years of job related experience. --Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of installation and testing of protective
relaying, metering, automatic control and data communications
systems, and post high school classes in AC/DC circuit theory.
- Working knowledge of mathematics up to and including
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups of employees on a
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Valid driver---s license and ability to meet Company driving
- Demonstrated ability to use personal computers and associated
- Availability to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage
during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.--
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Camden , Supvr Relay & Control (ACE), Other , Mays Landing, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!