Posted on: April 8, 2021
Train, Practice and Coach Employees
- Train, coach, and provide feedback to Comar employees and Peer
Trainers throughout Comar's Buena plant.
- Facilitate Plant orientation using company curriculum and
create a welcoming environment and promote a positive company
- Engage hiring managers and frontline supervisors to ensure they
are actively engaged in the orientation process. Conduct frontline
job training using standard curriculum for frontline jobs; enhance
training to fit plant needs.
- Ensure a smooth transition from formal classroom training to
other training experiences like eLearning (computer) and on-the-job
(OTJ) training with an assigned, certified Peer Trainer or
- Deliver OTJ training and coaching across the job training
experience; use coaching and feedback techniques that support
- Conduct compliance training for all basic to intermediate
Safety and Quality topics, and liaison with subject matter experts
(SME) to ensure programs are effective and up–to–date.
- Invite internal/external experts to engage with trainees when
concepts need a more advanced information and demonstration.
- Maintain "Comar University Portable Classroom" and access (set
up and break down) when computer training is needed.
Create and Update Instructional Materials following Company
- Ensure new employees have the training materials and tools they
need to be prepared for classroom and OTJ training. Use
existing/create new practice activities to be used by OTJ Peer
Trainers & trainees.
- Stay up to date on current versions of work documents (WI,
SOP); perform standard procedures with trainees to read/acknowledge
for all updated documents as the Quality team specifies.
- Assess learning needs by collaborating with leaders,
supervisors, plant SME and process owners, and directly with
- Communicate gaps in skill, performance, and training to
collaborate on training solutions that will build competency and
- Coordinate/communicate with Comar University to assess courses,
content, and resources already available to support training.
- Prepare additional training materials and resources in
collaboration with Comar University and follow recommended
instructional design standards, templates, and technology.
Prepare and Assess on the Job (OTJ) Peer Trainers across the
· Provide certification and support to Peer Trainers (Peer Trainer
Network). Formally evaluate Peer Trainers based on established
criteria and performance expectations.
· Provide coaching to Peer Trainers to help them improve their
interactions with trainees and the quality of training delivery.
Troubleshoot Peer Trainer issues and escalate when necessary if the
Peer Trainer is not able to meet requirements.
· Proactively communicate with Plant supervisors to understand
shift schedule and plan trainee/Peer Trainer assignments in
· Use the OTJ tool in the Learning Management System (LMS) to
assess trainee's skills and learning progress and escalates if
there is a significant issue with progress.
· Reinforce the role of the frontline supervisor to support an
employee's onboarding and training.
Record Keeping and Reporting
· Accurately ensure Peer Trainer time is recorded for bonus pay
· Support learning management record keeping (LMS) by monitoring
training status of employees using a variety of different reporting
tools and metrics.
· Communicate any gaps in an employee's required training to
supervisors on a regular basis.
· Conduct certification of the employee once they are able to work
independently using the job specific assessments and certifications
in the LMS. Document certification in the employee training
· Track informal training that is occurring at the plant (SME,
Vendor delivered) and determine if that training should become part
of the employee training record. Coordinate with the LMS
Administrator to update records.
Learning Management (Coordination)
· Work with the LMS administrator to create learning curriculum
based on Plant needs.
· Keep current on new features and functionality of the LMS and
attend periodic training meetings; troubleshoot any employee login
or assignment issues.
· Act as a Comar University partner that routinely familiarizes
self with Comar University content, as well as utilizes new
content, programs and tools provided.
· Coordinate any specialized training that occurs at the plant
level provided by 3rd party vendors (RJG); helps employees register
for vendor provided "Public Classes."
· Prepare for new cohorts by proactively setting up training
materials and supplies.
· Prepares in advance the tests and technology needed for training
(i.e. Portable Classroom, AV).
· Facilitate rewards and recognition for training achievements and
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Organizational
Development and Leadership, or related field.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of experience delivering training in
group setting; implementing and maintaining curriculum and training
materials, assessing training needs, coaching, and evaluating
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Experience with advanced reporting capabilities.
- Experience working in a Manufacturing/Industrial setting.
- Mechanically inclined with strong aptitude for machinery.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing (Six Sigma) environment,
plastics a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
DO YOU HAVE…?
- Excellent presentation skills with comfortability speaking to
large groups throughout all levels of an organization.
- Excellent coaching skills with a passion for training talent
and process improvement.
- Strong technological skills and the ability to learn software
quickly, enter data, and produce reports.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail,
interpersonal, and communication skills (both verbal and
If the answer is YES, don't delay, Apply Today!
Keywords: Comar, Camden , Training Specialist, Other , Buena, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!