ShopRite - Bakery Clerk
Company: ShopRite Markets
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping
them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do
and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities
- Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us
make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of
our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while assisting the
Bakery Manager in the daily operation of the department, including
pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise in the Bakery
Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing
department and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient
and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret,
and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly
lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products,
spices and powdered substances without negative allergic
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine
- Ability to maintain department sanitation and QA standards
(safety, personal hygiene, clean cases, and equipment).
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all
time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require
the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above.
These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in
accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous
service and assistance.
- Maintain and properly use all department equipment as
- Pack out product into display cases.
- Rotate product to ensure freshness.
- Ensure accurate signage for the department.
- Prepare trays to Company's and customer's satisfaction.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal
regulations as they pertain to the Bakery operation.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies,
safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State
and Federal health and civil code regulations.
- Dress and groom according to Company policy including uniform,
name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and
use disposable gloves when handling food.
- Placing reclamation in its proper location.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Bakery Department
that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 50
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights
25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
- Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in
- Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to
- Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which
may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Receive deliveries.
- Assist in other departments when instructed.
- Work overtime as needed by the demands of the business.
- Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program
and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and
proper use of all chemical products.
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, code dating,
preparing, storing, and price marking, arranging, and restocking
products to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to Company policy
and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Check refrigeration equipment for proper performance regularly;
report any failure immediately.
- Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates
to Bakery operations.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department;
report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Perform all duties in accordance all ShopRite Service
Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power
jacks, and slicing machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the
essential job functions and general nature of the work being
performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may
be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise
this job description at any time and to require Associates to
perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business,
competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This
job description is not a guarantee of employment.
Keywords: ShopRite Markets, Camden , ShopRite - Bakery Clerk, Other , Bridgeton, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!