VP Corporate & Legal Affairs Apply to This Job
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Company: Retail / Retail Stores, Blackwood,
We have an opportunity for a VP - Corporate & Legal Affairs at
our headquarters in Blackwood, NJ (15 minutes from Philadelphia) or
our office in Miami (secondary location). Reporting to the CEO, the
VP, Legal Affairs will manage core legal functions for our growing
company, supporting the business with a variety of general
corporate legal matters such as customer agreements, human
resources, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to the management team on
all legal matters relevant to the company, including multi-state
personnel law, policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and
laws pertaining to the optical industry, real estate transactions,
contracts, multi-state tax matters, workers compensation, liability
and insurance matters, and other laws and regulations.
- Anticipate and identify legal issues and counsel officers of
the company in order to develop legal strategies and
- Draft, review and approve policies and procedures, regulations,
bylaws, and other legal documents.
- Draft and negotiate vendor agreements, commercial partnership
agreements and services agreements.
- Provide support in strategic transactions such as mergers and
acquisitions including coordination among the functional areas of
the company as well as external counsel, assisting with due
diligence, drafting and negotiating deal agreements, and actively
managing deal process and execution.
- Manage relationships with outside counsel, select and retain
outside counsel, as required, to obtain legal opinions or to handle
claims and litigation.
- The ideal candidate will have a JD degree from an American Bar
Association accredited law school and be a member of the state
- 4 to 6 years experience in a law firm and/or in-house corporate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to provide competent legal advice and counsel to senior
management team on a wide range of legal and policy issues.
- High integrity, strong work ethic, ability to handle multiple,
simultaneous projects with enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the range of applicable laws and regulations which
impact the company specifically and the optical industry in
- Ability to handle work with tight turn-around timelines with a
variety of internal teams.
- Advanced interpersonal, written and persuasive communication
skills to effectively develop relationships with a wide variety of
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Consistently provide useful, constructive legal advice that
solves problems and furthers business objectives of the
- Sound legal and business judgment with the ability to make
- Experience working with healthcare companies a plus.
More Jobs Like This
Job No. 651170
Vice President - Associate General Counsel
Job No. 651133
Fiduciary Managing Partner
Saint Petersburg, FL
Job No. 650600
VP & General Counsel
Apply to This Job
Print this job
Email this job to me
Send this job to a colleague
Your Colleague's Information
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
Comments you would like to include (optional):
* Required fields
Need Help? Your Member ServicesRepresentative is
here for you at 1-203-750-1030
Keywords: ExecuNet, Camden , VP Corporate & Legal Affairs Apply to This Job, Other , camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!