Company: Borgata Casinos
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The role of the Security Specialist is to patrol and observe all
public areas, associate service areas and company grounds for the
safety of all our customers and associates. May include observation
from a location on the exterior of the building and reporting to
security dispatch, via radio or telephone, any suspicious vehicles,
- Works diligently to support the S.H.O.W. Service Basic
Standards culture and team philosophy throughout the property.
- Acts as a role model to all associates and always presents
oneself as a credit to Borgata and encourages others to do the
- Promotes positive public relations and creates and enjoyable
atmosphere for all customers.
- Respond to all emergencies, i.e., fire alarms, medical aid,
criminal, etc. to give necessary assistance. Running up a fire
escape, assist in evacuating customers, attempting to revive a
customer utilizing CPR and pursuing suspects who have committed a
crime on our property.
- Respond to all disturbances with the intent to defuse the
incident beginning with a calming verbal exchange but must be
prepared to become involved in a physical confrontation when
- Must always remain alert and never become complacent.
- Observe, report and take action as directed by the Security
Shift Supervisor on all suspicious unusual situations,
undesirables, minors, etc. throughout the complex.
- Responsible for enforcing Borgata's rules for associates and
other persons and to protect the property.
- Responsible for the movement and protection of company funds
throughout the premises, including but not limited to lifting 40
lb. bags of coins, 20 lb. Boxes of casino chips and assist in
pushing a 1,000 lb. Cart of coins, etc.
- Detailed report documentation of all incidents relating to the
property, guests and associates as directed by the Security Shift
- Completes daily checks of stairwells, fire equipment and
reports same to Security management .
- Assist Security Shift Supervisor in handling reports for Risk
Management and Investigations.
- Assume Fire Command Officer duties when needed.
- Maintain interaction with all departments, associates and
customers to ensure a favorable line of communication. Escort
associates to and from their vehicles when requested.
- Have a working knowledge and enforcement of all laws, policies
and procedures, governing the actions of customers and
- Complies with all departmental and Company Policies.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity and moral conduct
free of any questionable association.
- Provide and create a customer experience that exceeds
expectations and builds loyalty.
- Practice teamwork and support fellow associates to create an
energized, positive work atmosphere.
- Practice excellent grooming and uniform standards. Overall
appearance is to be immaculate and nametags will be worn at all
- Must display friendly, courteous and polite behavior at all
- Complies with all New Jersey regulatory requirements.
- Exposure to casino related environmental factors including but
not limited to second hand smoke, excessive noise, and stress
related to servicing customers in a high pressure and fast paced
- Requires acute sense of smell and sound, ability to talk on and
hear a two-way radio and telephone.
- Visual Acuity correctable to 20/20, normal color, peripheral
and night vision.
- Tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature,
illumination and air quality.
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift and be able to move
throughout the Casino/Hotel areas.
- Must be able to work under adverse conditions, including
overtime, evenings, weekends, holidays and testify in court on and
- Contact with associates and customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required and must be at least
18 years of age.
- Two years of casino security or law enforcement experience
- Must be professional, well-groomed appearance and be able to
speak, understand, and write English.
- Must be able to handle all types of customer related
situations. Above average written and communication skills and the
ability to investigate incidents and complete written reports as
- Basic arithmetic skills required which include adding,
subtracting, dividing and multiplying.
- Computer and typing skills desired.
- A valid New Jersey driver's license required.
Keywords: Borgata Casinos, Camden , Security Specialist, Other , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!