Company: First Vehicle Services
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: June 10, 2021
First Vehicle Services, a
leading fleet maintenance provider in North America, is now hiring
a Fleet Technician II (intermediate skill level)!
The Fleet Technician II performs
routine and some non-routine maintenance and repair work on
vehicles (buses, vans, etc.) which includes tire maintenance,
fulfilling service calls for repair, conducting visual inspections,
and related work as assigned under minimal supervision. This
position handles more advanced issues and problems and may refer
more complex issues to higher-level staff. All work is performed
with a commitment to safety. May mentor or provides informal
guidance to Technician I.
First Vehicle Services (a division of FirstGroup America) is a
leader in fleet maintenance providing services to governments,
school districts, transit agencies, airports, universities, and
private organizations across the U.S. From sedans, SUVs, vans, and
fire apparatus to light, medium, and heavy-duty units, marked and
unmarked law enforcement units, sanitation trucks, construction
equipment, and specialized equipment, FVS provides expert
maintenance services to keep fleets up and running.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Hourly wages of $24.62 - $29.73 are based on experience
and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus
- Consistent year-round work
- An excellent benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Ongoing training
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Fleet Mechanic II Major Responsibilities:
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers by
performing limited repairs with moderate supervision on basic and
advanced maintenance such as replacement of light bulbs, fuses,
lenses, wiper blades, belts, hoses, batteries, checking fluid
levels, changing fluids and filters, and lubricating
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair under moderate supervision including the repair of
brakes and brake inspections, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive
trains, transmission clutches, and other repairs.
- Maintain records of all maintenance work completed on vehicles
including parts and supplies used. Ensure that work orders are
completed properly and accurately.
- Assist Tech III with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety
maintenance inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Remove and replace engine, transmission, and differential
assemblies with Technician III supervision.
- Notify the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action is taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies, and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Clean vehicles as requested or required.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Mechanic II Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; vocational or
technical certification in vehicle repair preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required; Must be able to obtain Class B
CDL with passenger endorsement within 3 months of hire.
- State inspection license (may be required).
- ASE Certifications preferred. Must participate in ASE testing
program within 1 year (expected to have 3 ASEs within 12 months of
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude and 3 years of automotive or
diesel repair experience (preferred) or equivalent education and
- Possess adequate mechanic tool inventory to complete all
- Adhere to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle
inspections and safety standards.
- Intermediate problem-solving ability.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain an organized shop and clean work
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Camden , Automotive Technician, Other , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!