Corporate Communications Specialist
Company: Subaru Of America Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Corporate Communications Specialist helps to promote Subaru
with non-automotive press/media, as well as community and industry
organizations. Responsibilities include developing a variety of
content, leading projects, interfacing with media/partners/vendors,
and measuring the effectiveness of public relations efforts. The
incumbent will help develop strategy and implement communication
tactics to support sustained awareness of the Subaru brand,
business, sales, marketing, and corporate responsibility efforts.
Must have exceptional writing* and interpersonal skills, be highly
organized, collaborative and detail oriented.
- Writing samples will be requested of those invited to interview
for this position.*
- Serve as a key media contact, as well as a writer, project
manager, critical/creative thinker, storyteller, and communications
- Collaborate cross-functionally by engaging stakeholders and
executive leadership to understand current projects and
initiatives, and recommend communications strategies targeting the
- Work closely with the President & CEO to write and finalize the
monthly retailer letter.
- Provide strategic communications counsel internally, as well
supervise the performance of external public relations agency and
- Create a variety of engaging written communications and visual
content (i.e. press releases, executive letters, speeches, video
scripts, short-form and long-form videos, presentations) ensuring
quality, accuracy and effective storytelling that aligns with
- Coordinate and produce live and virtual events, photo and video
shoots, and publicity opportunities (interviews, media tours,
etc.), ensuring adherence to brand standards.
- Oversee the smooth functioning of departmental tools and
external communication channels including media website
(media.subaru.com), wire distribution services, media contact
database, media monitoring, and reporting for executive
- Assist with internal media training, ensuring executives are
aligned on messaging and prepared for all press briefings and
- Ensure messaging, programs and campaigns are aligned with
internal and retailer communications.
- Proofread and copyedit content written by others to ensure it
meets established guidelines and is consistent with our
communications strategy and objectives.
- Assist in managing relationships with multiple vendors and
agency partners to ensure project deadlines and deliverables are on
- Identify and provide recommendations for new content
opportunities, as well as ways to repurpose or amplify content
- Conduct research and develop communication materials that help
position Subaru positively, guide our business and brand narrative,
as well as promote one consistent voice in messaging.
- Serve as an internal journalist by building relationships
throughout the company to identify news-worthy stories to share
- Pitch Subaru news, arrange interviews and build relationships
across a wide range of non-automotive media outlets, including
print, digital and broadcast.
- As needed, assist the department with publicity efforts for new
products, breaking news, crisis communications, special events and
- Provide strategic communications support to senior level
executives and work with cross-functional teams in Marketing,
Sales, HR, Office of the President & CEO, Corporate Responsibility
(CR), Legal, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I),
Government Relations, Community Relations, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated public relations writing and editing with
proficiency in AP style. Must be a strong writer with the ability
to distill information down to clear, simple talking points.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the company's strategic direction
and use this knowledge to determine the best communication
approaches to support initiatives and projects.
- Ability to lead, plan, implement and evaluate program/project
activities to completion.
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to
manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing work
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
tasks, meet deadlines and follow through on all projects. Must have
a sense of urgency and be able to work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships
with colleagues, partners, and vendors to achieve strategic goals
- Understand the significance of confidential and privileged
information required, as well as mature judgment.
- Proficiency with MS Office, familiarity with the latest digital
communication trends, measurement tools, internal/external
communications channels, and best practices.
- Content creation, graphic design and video editing skills
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public
Relations, or Business
- At least 4 years' experience in corporate communications or
media relations, or equivalent years of experience at
Keywords: Subaru Of America Inc, Camden , Corporate Communications Specialist, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!