Cashier - Restaurant
Company: Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Cashier is responsible for the accurate handling of
restaurant financial transactions. This position ensures prompt and
courteous service to all restaurant guests. Must know and
understand all menues for service.
The Cash-Out Staff member is responsible for ensuring that all
monies received are counted, documented, and properly prepared for
- Cashing out servers, bartenders, and retail sales
- Reconciling of daily credit card transactions
- Making of daily deposits and bank manifest
- Creation and maintenance of the armored car log
- Processing "party" deposits
- Management of petty cash and petty cash log while ensuring that
petty cash requests are approved prior to disbursement of
- Voucher reconciliation
- Building daily cash bags
- Assisting with chargebacks
- Change runs
- Balancing the safe ( 3x per day)
- Cashing out Box Office, Live, and Banquet employees (if
- Doing "paid ins" and "paid outs" for employees
- Notifying mgmt of over/shorts
- Manual hotel charges (if applicable)
- Direct bill payments
- The Cash Out office may also be responsible for acting as the
"Cafe Receptionist". This added duty will be determined by the
- Handle all take out orders and process.
- Follow all gretting and service steps of service while taking
This job description reflects the position's essential
functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Previous cash handling experience in a high volume
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm and focused in a fast
- Practice safety and sanitation standards
- Recycle products when possible
- Ability to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lb cash bags
- Positive attitude toward staff
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - that can be
factually verified by peers and prior supervisors.
- Can illustrate consultative skills and ability to work
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to
diagnose and develop recommended solutions.
- Possesses the potential and aspiration to serve as a Hard Rock
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes
during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended
periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive
sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work
with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects
(lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We
live our motto LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an
inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock
welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the
policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when
requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability,
unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy
regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all
aspects of employment, including the application process. If
reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our
Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
current job, management reserves the right to revise the current
job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when
circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Keywords: Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos, Camden , Cashier - Restaurant, Other , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!