Driver Trainee Positions Available - Home Daily!
Posted on: June 10, 2021
What's Your Story? Everyone has a story. No two teammates are
alike. At McLane, we understand that what you do after work is just
as important as what you do on the clock. We prove it by offering
you time and compensation to make your story the best it can be.
Driver, Trainee Component
- FS159 DR Burlington
- Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest,
stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are
looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra
step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return,
we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in
your career as you want to go. SIGN ON BONUS
- *$4,000 Average pay: $ 50,000 per year*.
- Overnight 4 Day Work Week/Home Daily.
- DAY 1
such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid
- 401(k) with annual company match starts at 90 days.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave accrual, educational
assistance program, and more. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL
- A teammate in this phase of training will drive as a mentored
driver and have various touchpoints with his or her supervisor to
acquire the skills necessary to perform the following functions: -
Maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle lines
- Operates truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local,
state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Inspect tractor-trailer equipment for defects pre/post trip and
submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Operates Driver Delivery Handheld (DDH), document delivery
receipts/product temperatures and exceptions.
- Inspects trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged
transport of product.
- Rides and trains with Driver Trainer of tractor-trailer to
various destinations, gaining knowledge of commercial driving
regulations and observing the Drivers skill in starting engine
properly, approaching intersections, making turns, backing,
parking, and maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT
regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and
- Assists the Driver in unloading trailer and delivering product
into customer premises.
- Provides customer service including on-time delivery of
undamaged product, product returns and issuing valid customer
- Home daily - 4 day work week schedule. MINIMUM
- A teammate in this position must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Possess a Class A CDL.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- No DUI/DWI within past 5 years.
- Meet eligibility requirements in the McLane Transfer and
- Complete training and receive Class A CDL in 6 months or
- Have completed yard training and training routes.
- Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver
ALL products that may be ordered by McLane customers.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and
stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to verify
quantities of product.
- Strong communication skills and able to communicate with
internal and external customers, such as customers, management,
drivers and teammates.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug
screen, and criminal background checks.
- Comply with Company Work Rules and Safety Rules.
- Able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled dolly,
ramp, and, on board PeopleNet devices. WORKING CONDITIONS
- The environment encompasses all areas of a distribution center,
transportation department, transportation shop and customer
- Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of
vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
- Regular and frequent travel, including overnight.
Keywords: McLane, Camden , Driver Trainee Positions Available - Home Daily!, Other , Millville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!