The Production Artist creates high-quality artwork for basic
production assignments to incorporate in final layout for assembly.
This role incorporates branding guidelines (e.g. photography, text,
legal requirements, etc.) into artwork layout (e.g. packaging,
circulars, etc.) per the client's technical specifications.
Attends any client meetings (e.g. pre-production) with the team
to gather information on production assignments.
Produces high-quality standards in all production client
Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of
high-quality basic to intermediate level artwork, effectively using
industry-standard software, tools, and print techniques.
Performs assigned tasks within the overall production workflow
and assigned budget, according to work order specifications,
industry and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), company
standards, and the client's brand guidelines and standards.
Ensures client project team has most current information about
the status of the assigned project(s) by logging and maintaining
project plan information into the project tracking system.
Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Arts or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master's) preferred
- 6+ years of previous graphic arts experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or
internationally may be required.
- Basic computer software skills within Apple Mac equipment and
operating systems, Adobe Design Suite, Acrobat plus QuarkXpress,
- A high degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook &
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal,
problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from
conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including
analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as,
internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a
fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines,
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to
perform the essential functions.
SGK is a global packaging and brand experience company. From
idea to implementation, we deliver packaging solutions and brand
experiences that give brands the freedom to speak louder, scale
faster and grow stronger. We simplify marketing and amplify brands
to deliver value. SGK is a Matthews International company.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to
employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic
information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website
and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In
doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations
to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and
require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the
application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource
Apply now "