Senior Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Lehigh Hanson
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Role and the Company
Lehigh Hanson is North America's leading supplier of cement,
aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of
plants and thousands of employees working across the United States
and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the
world's largest building materials companies.
We are seeking a qualified Senior Maintenance Supervisor who
supervises the maintenance group as it pertains to health and
safety, maintenance operations and outside contractors. The
supervision of the maintenance process ensures the safety of plant
personnel, compliance, and environmental regulations as well as
safe equipment optimization, utilization and reliability while
meeting quality and cost targets. The incumbent must possess a good
operational knowledge of all company safety and other
policies/procedures, pieces of process equipment, as well as an
understanding of fundamental process theory, supervisory skills,
and facilitation of essential shift communication.
This opportunity is perfect for the heavy industrial
professional who is looking to grow their career with an industry
leader. You will have the opportunity to focus on leadership of a
tenured and knowledgeable team as you begin your career with a
proven leader in the cement and construction materials
The Senior Production Supervisor role is based in Camden, NJ and
reports directly to the Plant Manager.
What you'll get to do
- Provides a safe and healthy working environment for all
employee's by adhering to company policies and procedures, ensuring
their compliance through actions, deeds, communications, and any
other means appropriate to the safety and health of employees and
- Oversees and ensures quality work performance of maintenance
crews and outside contractors.
- Schedule and supervise work of craft-personnel assigned to the
team. Manage any urgent or breakdown jobs as required to minimize
down time. Evaluates and communicates anticipated jobs and provide
input into the storeroom inventory.
- Evaluate skills, determine appropriate training, and provide
development for assigned staff.
- Participate in the plants on call.
- Continuously reviews plant production areas to inspect
equipment for such issues as safety, malfunctions,
out-of-adjustments, equipment failures or potential failures,
proper lubrication, housekeeping concerns, air or other leaks, etc.
Observes mechanical devices in operation. Discusses operation
variations with other supervisors or production and electrical
personnel to diagnose problems.
- Coordinates safety issues, environmental compliance, and repair
of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous safe
- Establish and adjust work procedures to meet maintenance
schedule. Interprets specifications and assigns job duties to
- Follow plant and MSHA Safety Policies, including the proper use
of Personal Protective Equipment. Maintain an awareness of plant
environmental standards. Takes corrective action to address minor
problems or reports compliance issues to appropriate supervisor for
- Review and analyze operational data to evaluate and recommend
changes for efficient and continuous operation
- Ensures management is aware of trends and operational issues in
a timely manner and is responsible for communicating proposed
- Provide technical expertise to diagnose delays in operations,
leading the efforts to remedy problems by taking appropriate
actions to restore correct operating procedures
- Understanding of Collective Bargaining Agreement
Essential Experience and Skills
- College degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in providing support for heavy
manufacturing, cement manufacturing preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a plant environment in a
- Solid understanding of SAP as it pertains to maintenance and
- Good knowledge of CAD software (design of system
- Willingness to provide coverage during off-shift hour and
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact as a team
- Good supervisory, leadership and motivational skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic PC skills.
- Ability to make timely and critical decisions and deal with
- Proficient in use of mechanical, electrical, and diagnostic
- Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving
mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated
noise levels, and dusty conditions.
What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company
contribution as well as matching contributions
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Veteran /
Lehigh Hanson is a drug free workplace.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without
No search firms please.
Keywords: Lehigh Hanson, Camden , Senior Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!