Business Quality Lead
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Business Quality Lead – Pacific Foods
This position reports to the Business Quality Manager and is the
Quality interface for Pacific Foods businesses, connecting Quality
with Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales & R&D. Key areas of
responsibility include commercialization, consumer complaint
improvement plan identification and implementation, enabler
activities support and providing technical leadership to Quality
Programs. The individual will identify and work with the
business to address food safety & quality risks / gaps and
facilitate opportunities for new products, enablers,
reformulations, programs, processes & systems. This person
plays a critical role in developing all documentation needed for
plants & regulatory such as food safety / quality risk assessments,
specifications, on-line sampling, checks, defect standards &
training to ensure high level Quality. This position will
ensure adherence to the M&B Quality Policies and CSC Global
Quality Policies. The Individual will influence management on
alignment of Quality strategies, Quality annual objectives, and
Plant project plans. The Individual will direct and deploy
Quality Assurance programs across Campbell's plants and
comanufacturers, functional areas, and influence plant leadership
with quality best practices.
- Strong Partnership & linkage with PD, Marketing, and Operations
on new product commercialization, Product Quality improvement &
- Influence management to ensure alignment of quality strategies,
annual objectives, and project plans.
- Facilitate and drive key Quality programs, internal and
external audit requirements, ensure adherence to M&B and CSC
Quality Policies, and lead assigned Quality strategic initiatives
for the network.
- Provide insight and support in the development, implementation
and ongoing tracking of appropriate Quality performance
- Provide direction & support to plant and corporate Quality and
- Facilitation of and the category Technical Lead for the
analysis of consumer trends and data, identification and
implementation of consumer complaint reduction initiatives /
programs and comprehensive plans to improve Consumer
- Ability and skills to objectively lead, collect data, assess
the situation, separate facts from sound bites and make sound,
risk-based decisions balancing stakeholder needs and protecting the
- Responsible for new or changes in regulations on
specifications, procedures, quality, and supply plans both domestic
- Trouble shooting quality issues across Corporate & plants:
supply chains for ingredients, packaging, materials; finished
products processed & supplied; and Food Safety & Quality
non-conformance assessments (e.g., allergen risk, foreign material
risk, microbiological risk).
- Develop and implement training processes and modules to provide
quality management and plants valuable skills in Commercialization
Processes & Quality systems.
- Responsible to partner with CCID, PD & Sensory to ensure proper
consumer testing from a Quality perspective. Define food
safety & quality requirements for all R&D plant testing plans
for new products, renovation & enablers. Tests plans shall
include quality attributes & capability studies.
- Knowledge, abilities and decision making for Food Safety,
Regulatory, and Quality challenges.
- Knowledge of product manufacturing / processing.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with urgency via
prioritization and program management skills.
- Capable of influencing development steps used in the Innovation
and Commercialization process to leverage design in achieving
consumer safety and quality objectives (example; HACCP & Food
Safety Plan Assessments), drives improvement of consumer-based
- Knowledge of Quality Standards, Systems, and Quality Policies,
with skills and ability to execute against requirements.
- Knowledge and general business acumen to support and influence
Marketing and R&D.
- Capable of engaging other business units' quality personnel in
development and standardization of; Quality manuals, policies,
procedures, and data templates, audit standards and procedures, and
Quality Key Performance Indicators.
- Knowledgeable in Statistical Process Control programs, Design
of Experiment and Process Capability studies
- Supports plant personnel & staff handling non-routine quality
system issues investigation, documentation, and resolution.
- Ability to drive organizational alignment on Quality objectives
with an enterprise-wide mindset, and the adaptation of structure,
processes, and systems to achieve objectives.
- Dedicated work habits, takes initiative, sets high
- Ability to demonstrate & execute against leadership
- Strong business partnering and relationship management
- Minimum BS Food Science required (or related degree), and a
minimum 7 years of experience required food industry with
demonstrated achievement in leadership.
Travel Estimated at 10 – 30 %.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Camden , Business Quality Lead, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!