CHEF - HOURLY (FULL-TIME)
Company: Chartwells K12
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Posted Date: Aug 24, 2021
- We have an opening for a full-time CHEF - HOURLY
- Location: Wildwood High School - 4300 Pacific Ave,
Wildwood, NJ 08260. Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: Full-Time; 8:30am - 4:30pm. More details
- Requirement: ServSafe certification & previous
culinary/chef experience highly preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place
where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public
and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining
Services. That’s about 2.6 million young students we provide meals
and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies
Chartwells’ promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not
only our business; it’s our commitment to the communities in which
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many
fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Directs, coordinates and evaluates assigned
kitchen, food production and food-service associates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks
and other associates engaged in preparing, cooking and serving
food. Ensures all food handling, sanitation and customer service
standards are met.
- Supervises hourly kitchen associates, including interviewing,
scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews
and recommending disciplinary action.
- Efficiently prepares high-quality food items according to
standardized recipes to meet production, delivery and service
schedules. Serves meals or prepares for delivery.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and
maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Tracks food use, waste and consumption to requisition or
- Receives and inspects product and supplies for quality and
quantity to ensure appropriate inventory.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils.
Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display
equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to ensure
compliance with sanitation, safety, production and merchandising
- Helps select and develop recipes and menus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Keywords: Chartwells K12, Camden , CHEF - HOURLY (FULL-TIME), Other , WILDWOOD, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!