Team Leader-Natural Channel
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Team Leader – Natural Channel, Sales, is responsible
for leading, directing, and developing his/her Team and engaging
senior-level customer leaders across functions to maximize
sustainable profitable volume growth. Responsibilities
include providing direction to their direct reports on corporate
strategies and initiatives and ensuring that all team members drive
strategic priorities within their customers or regions. The
role is responsible for all Campbell's Meals & Beverages Net sales
for the Natural Channel customers to include Whole Foods Market,
Sprouts, KeHE & UNFI.
- Leads the implementation of the strategic joint planning
process at senior levels with customers across functions.
- Ensures strategic customer plans are aligned to deliver the
team's overall volume, profit and share objectives for each
category and own internal alignment with Sr. Sales and BU
- Works with and reports to CVP, Sales – Club and Natural with
input from Directors, Sales Strategy and Customer Development, and
Customer Marketing to improve capability for creating
insights-based products and marketing solutions. Examples
include products tailored specific for the natural channel to drive
sustainable profitable volume growth.
- Develops productive working relationships with the most senior
leaders at customers at headquarters and/or regions.
- Ensures controls are maintained to measure and monitor sales
spending, sales expenses, etc.
- Leads a cross-functional customer team, including matrix of
Customer Marketing, Sales Finance, Category Management, Shopper
Marketing, and Supply Chain team members.
- Oversees the development and execution of brand strategies and
strategic category management initiatives.
- Implements and enforces Campbell policy; ensures customer
compliance with defined contractual commitments.
- Provides market/customer expertise and direction to World
Headquarters on all customer/channel issues/opportunities.
- Serves as point person on strategic supply chain initiatives,
collaborative marketing programs, etc.
- Resolve issues to appropriate closure as necessary.
- Manages the talent management process with an emphasis on
succession planning and development of bench talent.
- Leads, coaches and develops members of the team- 2 direct
reports + Broker network.
- Manage a portfolio of $100MM
- Leads the communication and coordination with internal partners
to include Customer Marketing, Sales Strategy, Supply Chain,
Customer Development and Sales Finance.
- Able to assess any customer requirements and aligns them with
Campbell's strategic goals to help determine a customer investment
strategy (use of trade, customer marketing, and integrated
marketing equities) that will best support a customer's revenue,
profit and share growth.
- Develop productive working relationships with senior levels
within the customer's organizational structure.
- Develop productive working relationships with cross-functional
teams to include Snacks divisional counterpart.
- Responsible for acquiring or developing best of class talent.
Always leading, coaching, and developing team member to
achieve highest levels of performance and potential.
- Responsible for managing multiple key customers or touch
- Responsible for the growth and financial performance of all
categories within the Campbell Meals & Beverages portfolio
- Requires expert understanding and experience with total P&L
management, with a focus on Trade Spending.
- Responsible for managing customers across regionally and
geographically diverse markets.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Years of relevant experience: 12+ years of CPG industry
experience, including Field Sales and HQ experiences.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Problem Solving Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Strategic Thinking and Analysis
- Interpersonal Skills
- Coaching and Performance Management
- Leadership Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Category and Brand Knowledge
- Business Planning and P&L Management
- This position is remote or this position may work from the
Camden WHQ office.
- Approximately 50% travel required.
- Ideal candidate will be mobile as necessary for career
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Camden , Team Leader-Natural Channel, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!