Manager, Operational Excellence
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Operational Excellence Manager is accountable for
implementing Operational Excellence as a way of working within the
M&B network. The implementation of Operational Excellence
includes the Operating System, Management Infrastructure and
Mindsets, Behaviors & Capabilities supported by Industry 4.0.
Activities include leading cross functional Opex teams, leading
Opex workstreams, driving daily issue resolution and leading
Chronic Improvement teams (for systemic opportunities) to drive
performance improvements across all key metrics across the Supply
Chain Balanced Scorecard.This is a critical role with oversight for
the implementation of world-class operational excellence strategies
to optimize supply chain improvements and improve the cost of
product sold. This role requires close collaboration with key
Supply Chain functions such as Operations, Maintenance,
Engineering, Quality, Finance and Logistics. This position will
have exposure to and will interface with Plant Managers, Operations
Managers and will influence site direction.
- Lead & coach network OPEX teams to drive improvements across
the Balance Scorecard.
- Conduct diagnostics on the Operating System (OS), Management
Infrastructure (MI), Mindset, Behaviors & Capabilities (MBC) and
Industry 4.0 for identified systems / lines through data analysis,
floor observations, process monitoring and employee
- Coach OPEX team to develop tactical implementation plans (TIPs)
to drive system improvements across identified Workstreams.
- Ensure tactical implementation plan are adhered to and regular
stakeholder check ins occur in throughout the process to ensure
program sustainability and track progress.
- Work with the M&B site leadership teams to plan and build
the appropriate OPEX capability.
- Leverage pull forward strategy prior to OPEX team execution to
ensure subsequent waves of OPEX teams have the appropriate skills &
capabilities for further deployment.
- Develop and execute OPEX capability training sessions for the
site leadership team, front line leadership team and frontline
- Ensure improvements identified in OPEX team charters are rolled
into the plant enabler program to capture enabler savings.
- Track OPEX team performance to ensure improvements are
sustained and long term countermeasures are tracked and
- Ability to coach, work collaboratively and successfully
- Ability to effect change throughout an organization by leading
- Demonstrated program management skills with ability to deliver
results across multi-site manufacturing operations.
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal skills,
integrity and trust and the ability to motivate.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Ability to successfully work in a cross functional
Complexity & Scope:
This position is responsible for deploying the Campbell’s
Operational Excellence strategy and approach to drive the Supply
Chain performance to world class levels. The role requires an
Operational Excellence practitioner who can provide direction in
the development and implementation of tactical objectives to drive
improvements across the division.
- Education: University Degree in Science or Engineering
- Length of Experience:10+ years of cross-functional
manufacturing experience with a strong understanding of OPEX, Lean,
Six Sigma and TPM.
- Certifications:CI certifications such as Lean or Lean Six
- Licenses / Registrations:N/Ap
- Other:Experience with leading / executing the elements
Operational Excellence and organizational learning and development
in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge in concepts of Operational Excellence, Lean
Manufacturing and Asset Care & Reliability.
- Knowledge and previous experience in improving organizational
capability through learning and development programs, and/or High
Performance Work Systems.
- Excellent leadership skills, compelling communication skills,
and the ability to inspire, engage and motivate.
- Physical Demands: Minimal physical effort. Prolonged
sitting is required (in meetings, at computer, etc.)
- Conditions of Work :Frequent deadline pressures, managing
conflicting priorities and frequent interruptions are common.
Required to work with sensitive or confidential
- Environmental Concerns: Work is primarily conducted in an
office environment however, travel by car or plane is necessary to
attend external meetings. Minimal noise or light
intrusion. Ongoing computer use.
- Sensory Requirements: Visual attention to computer for extended
periods of time. Visual and auditory focus, ongoing peer
interaction, working in an open office space and speaking in public
- Mobility: Travel expectation is approximately 70%
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Camden , Manager, Operational Excellence, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!