Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 5, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Reports to: Director, Portfolio Planning and
CPL – (3-4)
Size of Total Team: 4 total team
The Manager of Commercialization is responsible for leading the
project management for successful commercialization of new products
and costs savings of existing products to deliver both top and
bottom line results in line with the Campbell Meals & Beverages US
Retail Strategic Plan. The position will lead and oversee a team
who lead projects from idea conceptualization through to product on
shelf and success in market utilizing the commercialization process
and stage gate methodology. Leads the governance and
continuous improvement of the Category Stage Gate and Category
Portfolio Management Reviews in conjunction with the Integrated
Business Planning process. These are critical inputs in the
monthly executive Portfolio Management Review (PMR), the first
Integrated Business Planning step, which is used to drive awareness
and decisions to enable a rich pipeline of initiatives ready to
deliver strategic goals sufficiently with the appropriate balance
of resources. Additionally, this role will provide direct
management to Commercialization Project Leaders (CPLs) in the
category for which they are responsible.
- Planning, tracking, executing, and delivering multi-functional
initiatives supported by cross functional partners such as
Marketing, Sales, R&D, Finance, Engineering, Procurement,
Planning, Materials Management, Quality, Process Safety, Customer
Supply Chain, and Manufacturing.
- Lead teams to develop project scope incorporating cross
- Develop comprehensive project schedules, which may include
alternative methods to meet project objectives.
- Identify and mitigate risk/issues throughout a project life
cycle, inclusive of technical and commercial complexities.
- Provide concise communication of risks (both financial and
technical) along with planned tactics to mitigate risks to Director
of Commercialization and VP of Innovation
- Identify scope changes, such as timing and cost implications
and communicate the impacts to the affected parties. Drive decision
making at Director and VP level on scope.
- Ensure projects fit within financial parameters determined by
brand finance. Elevate and drive decisions by senior leaders when
projects fall outside of these
- Track the status of projects across the portfolio while
concurrently providing visibility to resource loading.
- Leads the Category Stage Gate governance model for deciding on
projects and conducts monthly innovation reviews to ensure critical
stakeholder input is considered.
- Obtain inputs and manage key stakeholder/partners throughout
the stage gate process
- Conduct key gate reviews and regular management reviews
- Ensure accuracy of stage gate documents, which help drive the
leadership teams to make effective decisions
- Conduct post launch reviews of key initiatives and recommend
and implement improvements to the commercialization process cross
functionally (Brand, Sales, Finance, R&D and Supply Chain)
- Ongoing responsible for identifying opportunities and
implementing improvement to ensure adequate evolution of the
- Ensures project management tools and forums are in place
(standard project timelines, scope outlines, action registers,
technical risk assessments, etc.) to ensure success.
Responsible for the continuous improvement of commercialization
processes, tools, and capabilities through routine lessons learned
and tracking to deliver best in class results.
- Coach and development Commercialization Program Leaders (CPLs)
to be successful project leaders
- Support CPLs on critical and high visibility initiatives to
ensure appropriate stakeholder
- Responsible for 50% of the M&B portfolio ($2B+ GS) –
inclusive of commercializing products, resulting from complex
projects (ie. new product platforms, new product line extensions,
capacity expansion initiatives) in a highly complex network highly
complex network, 4 manufacturing plants, ~10-15 co-man
- Act as liaison throughout commercialization process to provide
visibility to interdependence/conflicts between projects.
- Works with Director of Commercialization to notify teams of
high levels of activity within a particular field, which affords
the relevant leadership teams the visibility of department-specific
activities and allocated resources.
- Utilize scheduling tools to build project schedules and update
- Serve as a working manager and effectively manages project
schedules of higher visibility, risk and complexity (new SKU, new
packaging, new brand, etc.).
- Coordinates projects that work across fiscal years,
capital/plant improvements and manufacturing systems. Coordinates
with those team members supporting other Brands to ensure the
effective and efficient usage of shared manufacturing systems.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business or related technical field with
a concentration in Project Management or equivalent experience in a
similar role including project management and
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Years of experience - 8-10 years of related experience in
project management and/or analytical role with a minimum of 3 years
in product commercialization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Detailed knowledge of innovation tools and processes, Stage
Gate, or similar early stage iterative development process
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, and the aptitude to quickly
learn and apply new concepts/tools. Preferable knowledge in
- Ability to interpret and adjust to situations that involve
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Attention to detail
- Knowledgeable about the CPG industry
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate within a cross
functional team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with several different
functional areas and levels within the organization
- Strong presentation skills - written documentation and oral
presentation of project status on a monthly basis.
- Effective time management skills required to maintain multiple
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Camden , Commercialization Manager, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!