Buyer – Cut & Stack Labels
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Paper Packaging, this
position is currently responsible for the procurement of Labels,
including cut & stack, foam, pressure-sensitive and barcode, for
all Campbell locations with an annual spend valued at over $31MM.
The individual will ensure quality of materials, competitive
pricing, market understanding for input materials into packaging,
adherence to company policies, procurement processes and endeavors
related to the operation of a proactive and strategic Global
Procurement Business Unit.
- Execute and provide input for the category management
strategies set by the Global Team for cost reduction or value
enhancement that result in tangible benefits to the bottom
- Prepare and oversee monthly pricing projections and market
conditions for all business units
- Drive robust category strategies across plant networks, supply
base, and align with business goals and objectives.
- Evaluate strategies based on changing global market conditions
and provide inputs during strategic sourcing activities, including
internal and external analysis and negotiations
- Assess realized benefits from sourcing and develop improvement
strategies and initiatives post-sourcing
- Stay abreast of leading edge purchasing techniques and champion
the use of formal category management techniques and
- Continuously improve upon personal skills - adopting continuous
learning and skill development and seeking feedback
- Develop cost models to understand cost drivers and price
transparency across all categories
- Develop a deep understanding of supply markets and drivers for
- Responsible for over $31MM of Cut & Stack, Foam,
Pressure-Sensitive and Barcode Label spend.
- Ensure items are purchased in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Development of commodity components that drive cost within the
packaging category and utilization of the commodity knowledge to
support business objectives.
- Evaluate and purchase materials for our facilities at a
- Execute and provide input to strategy, manage and evaluate
acquisition process (Sourcing, Developing and Negotiating) ensuring
competitiveness and limiting the risk to Campbell Soup
- Work with cross functional groups to develop productivity
programs that deliver Enabler and Total Procurement Value (TPV)
- Support Supplier Relationship Management programs that focus on
Value, Quality, Service and Innovation.
- Subject Matter Expert of Global Packaging category specific
information on spend, supplier performance, user adoption and
compliance, standards and specifications and industry
- Ensure all contracts are issued timely and
- Promote value engineering analyses to support ongoing
performance improvement and cost reduction.
- Develop and actively promote Campbell's Supplier Diversity
- Development and support of global cost models for packaging to
share with global associates and create best practices.
- Commitment to Campbell Leadership Model
- Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree; MBA
- Years of experience required: minimum of 1-3 years of
procurement and / or related supply chain / CPG industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision
making/problem solving and influencing
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Normal corporate office environment with domestic travel as
required to perform duties
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Camden , Buyer – Cut & Stack Labels, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!