Manager, Media Strategy
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Manager, Media Strategy is responsible for leading the
day-to-day management of our paid media activation plans for our
portfolio of iconic brands. As a subject matter expert, the Manager
will work with the Director, Media & Partnerships, and our Media
Agency of Record to create and deliver an insights-driven approach
that inspires innovative strategies and activation plans. A key
area of focus will be to bring a test & learn philosophy into our
media approach, and our business culture overall. This will include
keeping the global marketing organization, across all divisions and
business units, abreast of new technologies and emerging media. It
will also include building strong measurement plans to drive in
campaign optimizations and in-year results, thereby enhancing
future media-driven business results.This is a hybrid, omnichannel
role with oversight of all media activation. It is critical for the
Manager to have demonstrated expertise across all media types,
across all channels, devices, and formats. This expertise will
allow the Manager to both challenges our agency team as well as
educate our brand teams and business partners. As the media
landscape and our consumer's path to purchase continue to evolve,
the Manager will work closely with the Director, Media &
Partnerships to establish and evolve our paid media vision for our
brands and businesses. The Manager will play a critical role in the
evolution of our 'go-to market' plans, driving for continuous
improvement and better alignment with our consumer's behavior.
Within our matrixed organization, the Manager, Media Strategy
will be responsible for building strong working relationships with
each of the brand teams, at all levels. As such, translating the
complexity of today's media landscape to brand generalists will be
a core part of this role.The Manager, Media Strategy will report to
the Director, Media & Partnerships, and will have day-to-day
responsibility for our US Meals & Beverage brands, one of two
divisions within our enterprise. This role will also directly
manage our media agency of record teams as well as multiple media
partner teams on custom programs and media technology solutions and
- Strategy, contribute to the media approach for US Meals &
Beverage brands via subject matter expertise, ability to think
outside of the box, and strong business acumen.
- Activation, lead tactical plan development, challenging the
team to raise the bar and discover new ways to breakthrough,
driving stronger results via real-time optimization.
- Partnerships, identify, build, implement and optimize our
approach, including BPs, custom content, integrations, and media to
- Media Learning Agenda, manage a test & learn programs within
activation plans, in support of digital and non-digital media
learnings (to drive more for the business).
- Analytics & Insights, synthesize data from disparate sources to
identify insights to inform and transform our media approach.
- Business Engagement and Collaboration, work closely with
Divisional Marketing to evangelize paid media and emerging media
technologies and trends.
- Change Agent, understand when to challenge the status quo as
well as when to push for success through the 'tried & true', driven
by an unrelenting focus on performance.
- Financial & Budget Management, develop and manage project
forecasts, budgets, and plans; partner with Marketing and
Divisional Finance teams to ensure effective budget management for
media and media analytics (data, tools & systems).
- Partner Management, identify, evaluate and manage relationships
with agencies, media companies, and media analytics and technology
- Experience with and deep understanding of all linear & digital
- Experience with conceptualizing, building, and implementing
mass & targeted media approaches.
- Experience with highly matrixed organizations and on
integrated, cross-functional teams, with comfort playing both
leader and team member roles.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships within
- Proven ability to manage external partners.
- Strong knowledge of external media marketplace (today &
- Strong understanding of project management.
- Strong understanding of media technologies and systems.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and
- Minimum Requirements Bachelor Degree required, in Marketing or
Related Field preferred.
- 6+ years of Media experience, working with both linear &
digital media, from strategy to activation to performance
- Regional or global media experience an asset.
- Experience working with multiple segments (General Market,
Hispanic, Asian, etc.).
- Managed media budget(s) across multiple brands/sub-brands,
client or agency side.
- Proven ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed
- Willingness and ability to travel for key business and industry
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Camden , Manager, Media Strategy, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!