R&D Process Optimization & Automation Analyst
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its
people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in
which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
The R&D Process Optimization & Automation Analyst
will be part of the R&D Digitization / Product Lifecycle
Management (PLM) Team and be responsible for leading process
improvements and automation opportunities for R&D owned
product, packaging, and regulatory data across all business
You will work cross-functionally to redesign processes
efficiencies, speed to market, and accelerate cost savings
initiatives while meeting food safety and regulatory
Core to this role will be documenting ‘to be’ processes and
translating them into business requirement documents for Optiva
system enhancements and / or Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
solutions to support process improvements. Scope of work will
range from basic to highly complex technical issues, and will
involve working with different applications, such as Optiva, SAP,
Excel, SharePoint, and RPA solutions such as Automation
In this role you will report to the Director of R&D
Digitization / PLM.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be
- Collaborating cross-functionally with stakeholders to lead
R&D business process improvements aimed at simplification and
accelerating cost savings and products to market without
compromising product quality, safety, or compliance.
- Documenting ‘As Is' and ‘To Be' processes, identifying
technical solutions, managing project plans, and defining metrics /
SLAs to track improvements with solutions that consider enterprise
/ down-stream processes and systems.
- Communicate process and system changes, verbally and in
writing, ensuring they are clearly understood.
- Collaborating with business teams and IT to deliver
comprehensive business requirements for system solutions (e.g.,
Optiva enhancements, RPA ‘bot’ solutions) that enable process
simplification and efficiency by eliminating work or reducing time.
- Writing test plans, test scripts, and executing tests to
confirm the solution works as designed.
- Develop reliable RPA solutions based on business requirements,
while adhering to the RPA COE’s design best practices while
maintaining & supporting existing RPA solutions and implement
- Working with new business teams to identify business process
gaps and system solutions for effectively integrating new
businesses into our global formula management system (e.g.,
- Manage Optiva help desk queue in conjunction with other members
of PLM Team, including researching user issues and enhancement
- Communicate technical concepts in business terms to interface
across business units.
- Comprehension of business process, data, and systems in product
- Identification and resolution of process inefficiencies;
including working with business partners and IT to implement
technology solutions; plus, experience with RPA technology or PLM
- Evaluate complex processes and identify opportunities for
simplification; including documenting ‘As Is' and ‘To Be' processes
and defining appropriate metrics to measure baseline and
- Balance the need for minimum data requirements / standards with
unique business needs for NPD and commercialization processes,
systems, and data.
- Knowledge of PLM & RPA technologies and their application in
R&D product data management processes.
- Translate R&D requirements into technical terms for
programmers, and the ability to translate technical concepts into
business terms for R&D organization.
- Master of critical-thinking and problem-solving for issue
resolution and improvement opportunities.
- Ability to learn new tools and other enterprise-wide systems
We are looking for the following abilities and
- Education Required: Bachelor of Science degree in
Information Technology, Computer Science, Food Science, Chemistry,
or related area.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Food, Beverage,
CPG or Pharmaceutical R&D environment required; Food or
- Expertise in business analysis, business process
re-engineering, and process diagramming and documentation.
- Experience in workflow-based logic and the ability to
understand and document a business process and conceptualize it as
an automated solution.
- Experience with Formula Management / PLM applications; Optiva
- Experience in RPA technology; Automation Anywhere Enterprise or
Blue Prism preferred.
- Experience with Application Testing solutions; HP Quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Outlook, Excel, Work,
PowerPoint, and Visio (Access and Project a plus).
- Strong critical thinking, creative problem-solving,
communication and analytical skills.
- Time management and risk/issue management.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, as well as oral
and written communication & presentation skills are required.
- Comfortable with change and challenging the status quo.
- Anticipated travel of up to 10% which may include the
following: Office locations, (Norwalk, Charlotte), Research
Kitchen, Pilot Plant, and Manufacturing Plants (Campbell Soup
Company (CSC), co-manufacturers and vendors).
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Camden , R&D Process Optimization & Automation Analyst, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!