Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARYResponsible for and purchasing both production,
nonproduction, and maintenance goods and services. This includes
identifying and developing qualified suppliers, which meet Comar's
requirements.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with requisitioners to gain full understanding of
products and services required included any pertinent technical
- Establish and maintain a capable supply base for assigned
commodities and services.
- Professionally place purchase orders to meet delivery and cost
requirement while maintaining good supplier relationships.
- Control the cost of purchased products and services and
generate cost reduction action plans.
- Attain a high level of product/commodity knowledge and attain a
high level of awareness of supplier operations as they pertain to
- Professionally resolve problems, including invoice problems, in
a fair and ethical manner.
- Maintain inventory accuracy through transactions and cycle
counts and through computerized inventory control system (IQMS) to
ensure inventory levels are maintained.
- Reorder parts based on stocking levels and review of stocking
levels for adjustments as required.
- Keep stock room organized and clean.
- Create, track and update purchase orders of tools and parts by
reviewing purchase requests and conferring with vendors.
- Receive material in IQMS and identify with Comar part
- Stock shelves in appropriate location.
- Requisition materials when inventory is at minimum.
- Maintain all locations within the spare parts inventory is
- Maintain Work Orders and the PM program in IQMS.
- Ensure effective functioning of the spare parts inventory.
- Provide general clerical work to assure the smooth operator of
the Maintenance Department and Systems.
- Research availability and source of purchase for emergency and
critical spare parts and repair parts.
- Prepare all purchase requisitions, coordinate and expedite
approvals as required, maintain all budgetary records and provide
follow-up action with accounting, buyers, vendors, requestors and
- Maintain all files and inventory records of all orders placed
and received, including delivery time schedules.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the IQMS.
- Assist with training on the IQMS system.
- Adhere to and communicate to others the Health, Safety, and
Quality policies, including use of PPE.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or two
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.SKILLS- ABILITIES
- Highly organized, self motivated individual who can work
independently and, in a team, and take direction from others in a
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
skills-ability to work well with all levels of the
- Computer user skills-proficient in basic computer use-able to
quickly learn and efficiently use new systems.CERTIFICATIONS,
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSAccredited Purchasing Practitioner
- The employee frequently is required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or
move up to 10 pounds.
- Frequently lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this include close
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Working on the shop floor will involve having exposure to shop
elements such as noise, dust, fumes, odors, and grime of
- The work environment is typically warm to hot.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Comar, Camden , Buyer Coordinator, Other , Buena, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!