Residential Counselor All Shifts Available
Company: CFG Health Network
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Full Time Behavioral Care Specialist (Residential
Counselor)All Shifts Available (Five days a week work/Days off may
OR may not be consecutive)Salary is $19 per hour plus full benefits
(2nd shift is the only shift with a $1.50 per hour shift
differential)$2,000 Bonus for a year commitmentJob location: Virtua
MUST have a bachelor's degree.MUST have a valid driver's license.At
least a year of experience with adolescents in behavioral and
mental health setting.
The role of the Behavioral Care Specialists is to provide 24-hour
supervision, care, and personal, supportive interaction with
residents. BCSs facilitate the development of an appropriate,
home-like environment. Under the supervision of the Program
Director, and BCS Shift Supervisors, BCSs support residents through
an extensive range of daily living activities.Responsibilities:
The following are essential job accountabilities:
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with
adults and adolescents. Understanding of adolescent development,
group dynamics, and family interactions. Good listening skills.
Ability to function as a member of a team. Knowledge of the range
of resident's physical, emotional, social, and educational needs.
Knowledge of state laws regarding child abuse and confidentiality.
Willingness to participate in recreational activities with
residents. Successful completion of "Handle with Care" physical
restraint training system. Ability to interpret and apply written
regulations and procedures. Ability to establish rapport with a
variety of residents in a wide range of mental and emotional
states. Basic knowledge of the role and authority of NJ-DHS/DYFS,
DCBHS, CMO's and CSA, FSO's, program philosophy, policies, and
- Supervises, observes and participates with resident in the
carrying out of the daily routine (i.e. meals, school, chores,
etc.). Constructively delegates tasks to residents as means of
teaching responsibility, respect, and accountability.
- Supervises work in accord with individual need and motivates
residents to take an active role in daily household activities.
- Directly supervises and knows whereabouts of every resident in
his/her care at all times.
- Corrects residents' behavior by administering Logical
Consequences and disciplinary measures fairly and equitably when
necessary. Provides crisis intervention to residents as needed.
- Ensures each resident is informed of the rules and regulations
of the program.
- Assists residents in developing an improved sense of
responsibility towards themselves, peers, family, and community.
- Plans (with appropriate support) and directs activities, daily
living skills, and recreation groups. Organizes, supervise and
conducts planned activities for groups and individuals. Provides
assistance to residents in planning appropriate recreational
- Consistently encourages residents to perform required
housekeeping tasks. Responsible for holding residents accountable
for appearance of living area and furnishings.
- Assists residents in resolving personal problems and/or
conflicts by listening to their concerns, and always responding in
a therapeutic and supportive way to provide them with alternatives
to unacceptable or negative behaviors.
- Attends and participates in treatment/behavior management team
meetings with coworkers. Makes use of supervisory time to discuss
issues regarding wellbeing and needs of residents.
- Consistently implements all program policies & procedures
including the behavioral motivational system.
- Attentive to building security checks as designated by program.
Perform all tasks outlined in the Circulation of Shift Policy and
Supervision of Residents Policy.
- Conducts authorized room searches of residents, property,
common areas, lockers, and resident rooms and as required by
- Accurately records all information as appropriate, i.e. daily
log, Critical Incident Reports. Prepares reports as required by
- Completes Resident Intake Forms and completes all tasks that
are associated with a new admission.
- Serves as primary counselor and support person for all
- Communicates and coordinates with other agencies, providers,
parents, guardians, and others when designated by program.
- Is familiar with all co-worker's job functions so that
appropriate internal referrals can be initiated as needed (i.e.
nurse, social worker, and principal).
- Properly and accurately dispenses all medication and documents
information in the Medical Log.
- Assists residents in learning home management skills (cooking,
cleaning, etc) and teaching residents the importance of
cleanliness, hygiene, good nutrition, meal planning, responsible
purchases, etc., while guiding them in skill development.
- Carries cell phone while on trips in the community.
- Is assigned to mandatory extra shifts. Responsible for finding
a replacement or for filling the shift him/herself.
- Takes on special tasks to contribute to the overall functioning
of the program (i.e., ordering supplies, shopping, fire drills,
pharmacy runs, errands, etc.). Aids in the training of new workers
on the job.
- Alerts supervisor and manager to emergencies, special problems,
or unusual events, i.e., child abuse, injuries, inappropriate
conduct of staff, etc.
- Escort residents to the hospital, doctor, dentist, home visit,
court appearances on behalf of the facility and the family.
- Drives program's vehicles as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned requested.
- Attends monthly/weekly supervision and staff meetings.
- Responsible for the proper accounting of all petty cash and
allowance. Contacts: Residents, coworkers, visitors, family
members, agency representatives, Virtua employees, and
- 18 years of age minimum.
- Bachelor's Degree required, one year of experience working with
children or adolescents in a group, mental health, or residential
- Valid Driver's license required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools,
or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: CFG Health Network, Camden , Residential Counselor All Shifts Available, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!