Assistant Youth Mentor - Before / After School Child Care
Company: Greater Philadelphia YMCA
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Greater Philadelphia YMCA Employment Opportunity!
Hiring Immediately!! Flexible Scheduling, Fun and Rewarding
What You Will Do as A Mentor for Before After School Child
- Child Care Mentors will report to the Site Leader and Child
Care Team Leader
- Make a positive, lasting difference in the lives of children
and their families.
- Supervise each child in your care by being able to identify,
SEE, HEAR, DIRECT and ASSIST to ensure their safety at all
- Adhere to small group/ratio established by DHS. Accurately
maintain attendance of children in your care.
- Plan and implement dynamic curricula that ensure
child-centered, age-appropriate lessons are offered.
- Actively engage in all child care activities with passion,
patience and finesse.
- Uphold all YMCA/DHS/Keystone stars guidelines for overall
commitment to quality in child care.
- Maintain daily of attendance records, mobile emergency contact
binders, trip binders, allergy reports and other mission-critical
- Be a vanguard for children's development, providing effective,
timely communication of each child's progress to families.
- Provide families with communication through verbal and written
- Cultivate a sensitive, patient child care environment for both
children and families.
- Provide care to meet the individual needs of children /
- Be an avid defender of confidentiality.
- Model / set the tone for correct verbal interactions with
- Verify 2 year's child care experience
- High School degree or equivalent (required)
- In pursuit of or achieved degree from accredited College/
University in education or human services related field
- Experience in childcare, daycare or as a nanny
- Experience with child care program sizes of 50 to 100
children.Benefits of working---in child care at the---Y:
- Flexible work schedule
- Free YMCA membership
- Discounted Y programs
- Participation in the Y Retirement Fund
- Paid Time off accrual for Part-time and Full-time Team
- Health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for continuing education
- Professional training and development
- *Insurance and time off benefits vary between Full Time and
Part time positions.About the Greater Philadelphia YMCA:
Every team member at the Greater Philadelphia YMCA is guided by our
principle of Connecting People to Healthier Lives. That connection
with members and to each other is seen and felt across every
department. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to
make a profound difference in a cause-driven organization, where
social responsibility permeates the culture. As one of the largest
YMCAs in the country, we have the size and scope to make real and
positive change in the communities we serve. This position supports
the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization
committed to strengthening community through youth development,
healthy living and social responsibility.
Salary Range Disclaimer:
The base salary range represents the low and high end of GPY salary
range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on
factors including but not limited to location, experience,
education level and performance.
You can find us in the Greater Philadelphia Area with over 80
Visit https://philaymca.org/about-us/careers/ for your next
The Greater Philadelphia YMCA is an equal opportunity employer. The
Y considers all applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental
disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran
or other protected classification and in accordance with applicable
Keywords: Greater Philadelphia YMCA, Camden , Assistant Youth Mentor - Before / After School Child Care, Other , Camden, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!