Fork Lift Operator
Company: DWK Life Sciences
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description BACKGROUND: DWK Life Sciences (DURAN WHEATON
KIMBLE) was created as a result of the merger of three industry
leaders and provides the world's laboratories and production
environments with the most comprehensive range of labware for
scientific research and technical applications as well as solutions
for storage and packaging. We manufacture a full range of precision
glassware and specialty products for life sciences. We also offer
products and services (vials, ampules, stoppers, septa, seals,
caps, bottles, tubes, flasks, and value-added services) to
customers seeking packaging solutions. Company revenue is generated
through four primary channels; (i) Global distributors, (ii)
National Distributors, (iii) Direct Field selling efforts and (iv)
Inside Sales selling efforts. DWK Life Sciences supports four
primary market segments; (i) Life Science Research, (ii) Life
Science Production & Packaging, (iii) Industrial & Applied Science,
and (iv) Clinical – Healthcare. BENEFITS:
- 401(k) with a 75% match of your first 8% deferred
- Medical (including prescriptions), Dental & Vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 12 Paid HolidaysPOSITION SUMMARY: The Forklift Operator 1
position is responsible to accurately, and safely follow directions
to perform duties in Receiving, Shipping, Warehouse Storage, and
Box production areas of the Clean Pack / 600 Orange Street
facility.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates various pieces of warehouse equipment including daily
maintenance and inspection
- Maintains inventory control records over every product movement
– receipts, shipments, transfers within the warehouse from one
location to another, product returns, etc.
- Accurately identifies and receives product into inventory
- Accurately identifies product to be picked from a pick
- Accurately picks, packs, palletize, wraps and tags orders
- Accurately returns product to proper inventory locations
- Moves and stacks ware for the purpose of conducting physical
- Assists in physical inventory and cycle counting as
- Observes safe product handling techniques
- Performs cleaning and maintenance duties as directed
- Loads or unloads trucks or trailers from other facilities or
- Operates all equipment in a safe and professional manner, while
completing tasks on a timely basis.
- Keeps work area clean and well organized and assists in keeping
entire facility in the same condition.
- Achieves good quality and meets efficiency standards
- Works within the guidelines of ISO and EHS.
- Understand DWK Quality Policy and relevant Quality
- Recognize his/her contribution to the effectiveness of the OPS
including the benefits of improved performance and comprehend the
impact or effect of not conforming with OPS.
- Observes all safety precautions, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training
- Two (2) years' experience driving various types of forklift
equipment in fast-paced, high volume warehouse preferred
- Basic reading and math skills. Ability to work in a team based
environment.WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to walk, stand, sit, use hands and fingers,
reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, bend,
talk and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. These are considered essential duties
and are illustrative of those job tasks, which are fundamental.
Employees may be required to perform additional related duties as
may be assigned by management. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: DWK Life Sciences, Camden , Fork Lift Operator, Other , Millville, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!