NextGen Weather Processor- Jr Level
Company: A3 Technology, Inc.
Location: Atlantic City
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: A3 Technology, Inc. is seeking a NextGen
Weather Processor to join our team in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. This
position transforms meteorological weather information, including
forecast model data, into aviation-specific weather information.
These enhanced capabilities produce greater situational awareness
relative to the location, movement, and severity of convective
weather. Improved weather information, provided by NWP, allows air
traffic control specialists to manage air traffic more efficiently
around hazardous weather areas.Essential Job Functions:
- Provide expertise in software requirements analysis, design,
design reviews, development, software testing, integration,
installation, and maintenance of computer system.
- Provide 2nd level engineering support for the NWP.
- Support system development/testing/integration/deployment/field
support activities for NWP systems.
- Review and comment on system engineering documents, system
requirement documents, system testing documents, and system
maintenance planning documents.
- Attend system design reviews, technical interchange meetings,
and any other meetings as requested to support program and
- Possess a technical understanding of systems, databases,
networking, computing environments, and virtualization.
- Develop and manage system engineering artifacts, system
requirements artifacts, system testing artifacts, and required
product baseline artifacts.
- Able to support software applications in Linux and Windows
- Able to troubleshoot networking, hardware, and operating system
- Work independently under general guidelines or objectives.
- Must be willing to travel. On call for site support.
- Full-time position, standard work hours until March of 2024
(Candidate must be available for and willing to provide normal and
on-call support after hours, holidays, and/or weekends), no
specified job duration.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Required:
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 Networking.
- Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX skills and Shell Scripting.
- Knowledge of hardware diagnostics.
- Proficient technical writing and oral communication
- Familiar with PostgreSQL.
- US Citizenship or documented proof of eligibility to work in
the US is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a
Government investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to
obtain Government clearance.
- The Federal Vaccine Mandate affects this position and as a
Federal Contractor, you will be required to provide proof of full
COVID-19 vaccination upon offer letter acceptance.Preferred:
- Interpret and analyze complex information systems data to
develop technical documentation, and system diagrams.
(JSON), Python, and/or C++.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Automation Platform, Red Hat Enterprise
Linux IdM, Red Hat Satellite, Docker, Podman, Rancher, Kubernetes,
Angular, Open Layers, Zabbix, and/or Source Code Management
- High School Diploma/GED and three (3) years of related
- Associate degree in a related field and one (1) years of
related experience.A3T is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. We are committed to
providing all qualified candidates consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, protected veteran status, disability,
national origin, genetic information or any other protected
Keywords: A3 Technology, Inc., Camden , NextGen Weather Processor- Jr Level, Other , Atlantic City, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!